First Post: 14 gallon shallow planted tank
Hi just would like to introduce myself and my tank to this subsection of the forum.
This tank is about 4 months old now. Started with a dirted substrate from homemade vermicast and capped with sand.
It is home to 6 White Cloud Minnows, 5 Lampeye Killis, Dozens of red cherry shrimp that keep reproducing nonstop. I've trimmed it only once and Im letting the Jungle Val take over.
Plants: Jungle Val, Crypts, H.C Cuba, Hygrophila Carpet (trimmed very low to keep the carpeting look)
10% water change every couple days and one large 50% water change every two weeks.
Seachem Supplements: Flourish, Excel, Advance, Iron, Nitrogen, Potassium, Trace, Phosphorus
I've been enjoying the content on this forum, Glad to share these with you guys
* 14 Gallon shallow custom tank. 90cm x 30cm x 20cm
* 3 small HOB filters - each with a different filter media(Seachem Purigen, Activated Carbon, Matrix): No name brand (not indicated on the filters, threw away the packaging lol)
* Light: Asta 20 Freshwater LED - Photoperiod 7hours on, 17hours off
* One large Wavemaker: A bit overdoing it with this one but it creates such nice flow in the tank. The fish love it and the Jungle val breaks the current a bit so there are areas the fish can relax. ( photo below )
* Pressurized Co2 - Explosive plant growth after installation