I copied what I wrote in my introduction here because I'll probably update it.
So I got my first aquarium last week for my birthday, and I'm starting the stuff with the enthusiasm of a complete newbie.
I'll try to share the evolution of it with you and of course I'm open to all suggestions.
- 25 x 25 x 30 cm aquarium (18 l which is roughly 4.75 gallons)
- light: chihiros a251 (waiting to receive it)
- filter: oase biomaster 250 thermo (waiting to receive it, I know it's massive overkill :-))
- filtration masses: I bought 1 kg of biohome ultra media.
- glass lily pipes for nano (bought it on aliexpress, still waiting for it)
- tropica substrate
- dennerle gravel for shrimps
- gathered rocks from my garden that I boiled for 30 min
- bought a small piece of wood in the local fish store
- java moss (glued on the wood)
- anubias gilletii
- lilaeopsis brasiliensis
- egeria densa
- vallisneria spiralis tiger
While waiting for the chihiros led and the oase filter, I use the crappy ones that came with the tank.
I set it up on friday with 10 ml of sera bio nitrivec. Water is a little green, I plan to test it next weekend. In the meantime I'll do some partial water changes twice a week. I put a picture of it.
For now I'm not completely sure what I'll get to populate it with livestock. A few shrimps if possible but I might have put some rocks containing quartz in the tank and I heard it's not good for them. A few nano fishes if possible and if not, a betta.
Thanks for reading!