• 5 Post By john borr
  • 1 Post By Raith
  • 1 Post By john borr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
10 gallon Rescape

Well, in a previous attempt, I tried driftwood with java moss. Unfortunately, as the moss began to spread I trimmed it in-tank. The trimmed pieces managed to plant itself in the aqua soil, so out it went. I am still removing moss happily growing in the hairgrass foreground, Wow! Recently, I added a few new plants; after these grew in, I added a few pieces of stone I had used in a previous 5 gallon nano. All the best, john
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank .jpg
Views:	45
Size:	458.9 KB
ID:	882139  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:52 PM
Wannabe Guru

Very nice and healthy looking tank! Well done!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you so much for your comment! Much appreciated, john

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 05:37 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (30/100%)
Gorgeous, the hairgrass is to be envious about.
john borr likes this.

20 Gallon jungle tank

RAOK CLUB #0
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 04:36 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Beautiful, very vibrant color! Can you list the plants please?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hi Scapegoat, All of these plants are tissue culture plants. Of course, you already know the Japanese dwarf hair grass. The stem plant to the far right is called Rotala Macranda sp. Mini Butterfly, I have also seen the name Rotala mini pink. AFA sent me this plant by mistake. I have had the grass and this narrow leaf rotala in my 10 gallon for almost a year now. The Rotala mini pink was growing so fast that at one time it completely covered the entire back and sides of the tank. It is a pretty, graceful plant. It is brownish-red with petite hot pink tips but if you let it grow tall and along the surface of the tank, that part of the stem will become bright red then you can cut the red part and replant it, if you want it completely red. In my tank, the stems grow very straight, don’t branch off too much and become scraggly, when I received the plant there were eight little stems that looked like the international sign for hairpin turns! I have come to really like this plant.
The green stem plant is Rotala Ceylon.
The tall orange plant is Rotala Macrandra. This is a beautiful plant when seen in person. The plant can become redder. The leaves have a beautiful translucent quality that makes the plant seem to glow. It is the most beautiful stem plant I have ever owned. However, it is probably not an appropriate plant for a nano tank. It grows very quickly and it has a large diameter. This plant, the green stem and the next were planted in mid-April, The plants were 1 to 2 inches tall. I have trimmed down all of the Macrandra stems at least once already!
The deep red plant to the left is Ludwigia Repens super red. I like that the leaves of this plant have a different shape. I ordered this plant because I had heard that the Rotala Macandra can be delicate so I thought if it died I would have the Ludwigia. I think the Ludwigia will do well in slightly lower light than the Rotala Macandra or the Mini Pink.
I hope this information is helpful to you or others who may read this thread however I feel I should add that I am not one of the sophisticated aquarists who are forum members here but hopefully some of this info will be helpful and I will rely on others to correct any misinformation I may have provided. All the best, john
Scapegoat79 likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode