• 1 Post By Jamo33
  • 1 Post By Jamo33
  • 1 Post By Blue Ridge Reef

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Dennerle Shrimp King tank

Recently picked up a Dennerle Scraper's Tank. I've had it set up for a couple of months now, and thought I'd give my initial impressions. For starters, they make this and a "scraper's tank". As far as I can tell, these are identical except for packaging, and I'm not sure why they decided to make both. But onto my unboxing, set-up, and thoughts.
It came very well boxed up, looking like a much larger tank size than a 10. I can't seem to upload pictures and them stay in order or where I want them, so I will do this photo per post. Sorry if that makes for a lesser read, but this forum software isn't like most Vbulletin and such I'm familiar with.

Continued...

Bump: So, I'm at a loss as to how to post these pictures in order with the text I'm submitting. It keeps just adding to my original post. Maybe I'll try to finish after a reply. Apologies.

Bump: I can't even use Imgur or Tinypic to embed. If anyone wants to PM me the correct route to do this, happy to go on with my review. Otherwise, I'm afraid I give up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1721.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	880459  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1724.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	880461  

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:15 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
What site is hosting your images?
Need to basically embed the image. Using the bbcode given from the hosting website. I believe you could also simply place the url in between these two strokes...maybe. [ IMG] and [ /IMG]
Haven't tried the url thing, just trying to help
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion. Gave that a try, but just got blanks where picture should be. Like this:

^In most forums I've been on, that would post the host image. Here it seems to leave a blank.

Bump:

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:56 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I am trying to figure this out.
Sorry it's not working, haven't had these issues before.

Test
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:56 PM
Algae Grower

I use imgur here with no problems by using the bb link it provides
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I think I discovered the problem. The images were shared publicly and thus couldn't be edited. I had uploaded them at original file size and that was taking up 4 screens. Have re-uploaded them smaller and trying now.

One review I read said that these came with substrate, but mine did not. Here are contents upon opening. There is a glass top and foam padding to place under the tank that can't be seen here:

The light is quite small, but very bright. Much in the style of Finnex, but I will say that upon a peek inside Dennerle does a much better job soldering.

The internal filter is also very compact and moves quite a bit of water. 90% chance I move to a regular sponge filter on this but it's a good design.

A prefilter to protect babies is sold separately and IMO should come with the kit:

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The tank itself is my favorite part of this kit. The low iron glass, bent corners and rimless design just appeals to my eye, I know it doesn't for everyone's. I will likely change out the lights and am certainly changing out the filter, and do not use the glass top, so I can far from call this a perfect shrimp kit *for me*. But I'm not sure I wouldn't pay $200 bucks for this tank and light. I will have lots of uses for the light and I suspect the filter will come in handy also. It would probably be perfect for someone starting out to have success, just not how I best keep plants and shrimp.

Set up as sold (minus the glass top) 7 weeks in (planted largely from existing tanks):

Did a fishless cycle and moved a sponge filer from a healthy Cardina tank for 7 weeks before adding livestock. Gave a few crystals reds the tank for a week before ordering, then bought user ChefB0yardee (sp?) 10 pack of mischling shrimp as the first full time inhabitants.
Pythos likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode