Heads up- Azoo Palm filter for $3.50 each! - The Planted Tank Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Heads up- Azoo Palm filter for $3.50 each!

Thought you all may be interested, since this is the tiny tank area-

Here's the link (if the forum doesn't nuke it)
https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/4544/?pcatid=4544

Free shipping on orders over $19, I just ordered six to use on future projects and to give a couple away. ~$21 shipped plus tax

Good for us 2.5 gallon users for sure, especially with some creative filter media modification.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RjvndHc9YFb.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	879723  

ScrubbyDick likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 10:56 AM
Algae Grower

Have you had good experience with the seller?
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 01:26 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Same thing as a Mignon 60 right? Man, I bought six when they were $10 bucks each. I've been running one on a 2 gallon for years and love it. Saw they were on clearance last year and bugged out and bought the six figuring they were about to be discontinued. Shoulda held out.... haha

@redneck joe that company was bought by Petco last year (or two?) so they run it now. It's reputable for sure

92% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Same as the 60

I like them, handy little filters, especially at this price.

First time I've bought from liveaquaria in years. If I'm not mistaken my last order from them was nearly ten years ago for coral back when they were in the Dr's Foster & Smith paper catalog! Petco recently bought them and must be liquidating stock from older product lines, or from distributors that aren't on their usual lists.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 06:08 PM
Algae Grower

Ok, I plan on doing lots of nanos so got me 20 on the way. Thank you for the confidence level.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Cool! They are neat little things. Common mod is to cut up sponges from aquaclears to use instead of filter media that is provided.

Also, another deal alert-

https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/6195/?pcatid=6195

Some people like these too, stuff them in a corner to remove surface scum/oils
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XLbx6MYCCT3.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	880037  

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:17 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingwendil View Post
Same as the 60

I like them, handy little filters, especially at this price.

First time I've bought from liveaquaria in years. If I'm not mistaken my last order from them was nearly ten years ago for coral back when they were in the Dr's Foster & Smith paper catalog! Petco recently bought them and must be liquidating stock from older product lines, or from distributors that aren't on their usual lists.
Pretty sure they're liquidating stock from Foster&Smith which they killed :/
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:04 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
I use both the filters and the skimmers. ordered some as backups!! Thanks!

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:09 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

That's a good little filter. Used it often. Anyone looking to get into co2 the Azoo regulator with solenoid on sale for $40 is a good starting regulator. I've had one that is still working after 8 years.

https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/...=747+6780+4237
Lingwendil likes this.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

'Nother good one there! Lots of deals on there right now.

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:43 PM
Algae Grower

For anyone who has never used one of these before, they're a lot stronger than their rating. I added a prefilter sponge and replaced the included media with Matrix to a pair I use on a couple of 12" cubes and they've been perfect.

Thanks for the heads up!
Lingwendil and ScrubbyDick like this.

My algae is the only plant that pearls.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:51 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
Wow, so that's what they did with all the stock from DrFosterSmith that isn't normally carried by Petco or LiveAquaria.

|
|
|

|
|

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishRFriendz View Post
Wow, so that's what they did with all the stock from DrFosterSmith that isn't normally carried by Petco or LiveAquaria.
Sure looks like it. Purging all the non-regular stock to streamline distribution and have less vendors it seems.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 07:17 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingwendil View Post
Sure looks like it. Purging all the non-regular stock to streamline distribution and have less vendors it seems.
They actually had the Azoo Palm on DrFosterSmith during the closing sales, and I ordered a bunch of them only to have them cancel my order and refund. Now it's half the price of the closing sale lol. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen...
ScrubbyDick likes this.

|
|
|

|
|

Last edited by FishRFriendz; 04-04-2019 at 07:25 PM. Reason: also
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 07:24 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Just picked up 2 surface skimmers, thanks!
ScrubbyDick likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode