Are Blue Hygro semi aquatic? Also stocking Ideas? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Are Blue Hygro semi aquatic? Also stocking Ideas?

Ok so I have a 6 gallon nano that I fully planted and its been sitting for about 3 months now. It currently houses 3 guppy fry(who are about to be moved into the 20 now that they are big enough) and a snail. My first question is my Blue hygro plants are exploding out of the tank so I was thinking about leaving the glass lid off and letting them grow out of the tank and hang out to give the surrounding parts of the tank a little green too. Would it live outside of the water or should I just trim them down? My second question is that now that the 3 guppy fry are moving on to a better suited tank what would be a good fit for this tank. I was happy with it being just a planted tank with the snail but after having the little bit of life the guppies gave in there I think i would like something small and colorful to replace them. Any ideas?? Links below are pics of the tank, it is a little rough because I haven't trimmed back any plants or replaced the water in it yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 01:24 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I don't have any experience with blue hygro, so in lieu of a response from someone with direct experience, you are probably fine letting it grow in the air.

There are very few obligate aquatics on the market. That said, it is common for plants that break the surface to stop producing underwater leaves. Just keep that in mind when considering the asthetic you are going for.

As to the second question, I generally advise only shrimp in a tank that small, or a betta.

I would would not be comfortable keeping fish in a tank that small, but conceded that with proper maintenance endlers livebearers or celestrial pearl danios would probably do well in that setup.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Tags
nano aquarium, nano aquascape, nano fish, planted tank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode