12 gallon long pea puffer - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
12 gallon long pea puffer

I was looking at a aquamaxx 12 gallon long aquarium. I want to heavily plant it most likely with pressurized co2 injection. I want to stock it with pea puffers how many are achievable in this footprint. Also what equipment would work for this light filter ect. the dimensions are L-W-H 35.5"-7.5"-9.5"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 06:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwalter08 View Post
I was looking at a aquamaxx 12 gallon long aquarium. I want to heavily plant it most likely with pressurized co2 injection. I want to stock it with pea puffers how many are achievable in this footprint. Also what equipment would work for this light filter ect. the dimensions are L-W-H 35.5"-7.5"-9.5"
Technically you can fit 4 pea/dwarf puffers in there-3gs per a puffer. BUt I'd keep it at 2 to 3 max.

Be mindful things don't always go as planned.
I tried 3 pea/dwarf puffers in a 12g long am packed with leopard vals-you could not see from front to back wall, or from one side of the tank through to the other, there were tons of mts, blackworms, and ramshorn snails in the tank for hunting + feeding more snails directly to fish. I had 2 females and 1 male (juvies) the male was the worst at hunting and ended up harassing the 2 girls to death-they leapt out of the tank through small gaps in the lid for the filtration.
So he ended up spending his life as the only fish (aside from some otos he ignored) in the tank. He was an odd puffer.. only liked black worms and snails. I tossed in some cherry shrimp from a failed colony and he didn't eat them.. 5 shrimp turned into over 100! I'd see shrimplets swim by his face-no reaction. And even adults riding on his head...

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode