Spec V pump issue - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Spec V pump issue

I replaced the pump in my Spec V because it seemed to be not flowing as good as it used to. Now the water level in the pump area is lower than the rest of the tank.
I tried adding water but it just goes down. I replaced it with a pump direct from the manufacturer. Not sure how to resolve this, the flow is set to max just like I previously had and just like my other Spec V tank pump.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 10:45 PM
Algae Grower

Hi
This is a simple case of 'more water is being pumped out faster than it can flow in' this only usually happens if you have overstuffed the media compartment or have glued shut the overflow holes on the partition or the pump is for the flex and pumping far too fast, if you turn it down the water should keep up.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Pull All your filter media out and test run the pump and see if the water level still drops. With nothing in the way other than the slits at the top of the chamber, I cannot imagine the water flow into the filter area cannot keep up with the pump draw.

My tank journal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode