Whats easier? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Whats easier?

Hi everyone,

I'm setting up a new tank and generally want it to be super easy in terms of not having to worry about plants being neglected.

I was thinking the easier route would be to use all stem plants with some rocks, what do you think? I'm thinking if I go for rhizone only plants it gets fiddly when trying to cut them and they seem to grow in any direction except the one you want, any ideas or suggestions?

I'm not to keen on gravel as I find soil really low maintenance but open to ideas, thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 07:12 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
It really depends on the plants themselves. Some rhizome plants are very slow growing and require very little maintenance, like Anubias. There are some stem plants that are slow growing as well. But a lot of stem plants are very fast growing and have to be trimmed regularly and require more fertilization, lights, etc... So it really just depends. It helps to know what kind of a tank you have....size, lighting, fertilization method.....and what your goals are for it. Then maybe we can recommend some plants that would work good for you.

Also, as far as substrate I highly recommend Black Diamond Blasting Sand. It's cheap, easy to plant in, and looks great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode