Deep Blue 3g long, new build. - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
Alright! I might have figured out my dilemma, I went looking through my wood box again and found this piece. It blocks the flow of the Red Sea nano, offers something to adhere riparium plants too plus Iíll be able to have some air plants and maybe moss on it too and it helps to hide the heater and filter. We will see how it goes! I think some strategically placed potted plants around the back of the tank will almost completely hide the filter and cords.

The tank is quite cloudy thanks to the wood gooing all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cinnamonamon likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 06:55 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I love the shape of the tank, are you sure it's 3g looks like 6g
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Yes, very sure. I use one gallon water jugs to refill. It would be awesome if it was bigger. Iíll try to find something to help with the scale of it so you can see how little it actually is.

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Hereís a pic for size reference, normal sized can o soda...

I got in some Anubias Nana Petite and have added some to the wood, here are the views of he tank.

My light is an old fluval spec light from the original model. I got rid of the tank and meant to give the light with it but never did. Itís length is perfect for the tank. Iím going to go to my local hardware store and get a piece of glass that fits with the wood sticking out of the tank.

I have a banana plant in there too that I purchased with the Anubias. Its way to big for this tank but I havenít moved it to my other nano yet.

The glass is grimey looking. I added two mts to the tank and plan to add pond snails and ramshorn too. I have a horned nerite that Iím going to add to when things get going.

Iím pretty sure my lady is too aggressive for shrimp though which is too bad.

I have three more pots of Anubias Nana Petite that I can add. Iím waiting because I wanted to see how it all looked when placed in the tank. So I can make some mental notes on where more will look best. Iím thinking I would like some larger anubias for around the base of the wood. I also am looking for small rip plants to attach to the wood sticking out of the water.
Is there a species of peace lily that is a petite or dwarf variety? I really enjoy them and think that the vertical greenery would look good.

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 03:17 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
Looks good so far. Personally the smallest peace lilies I've seen have been about 6" tall, but no idea if they're a separate variety, or just malnourished. I'm kinda bad with land plants, when they aren't in my garden.
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kehy View Post
Looks good so far. Personally the smallest peace lilies I've seen have been about 6" tall, but no idea if they're a separate variety, or just malnourished. I'm kinda bad with land plants, when they aren't in my garden.

Six inches would be perfect. Iíd like to know its specific species name that way I can get the right one and not have it get huge!

Iím looking at some of the fairy plants at joshís frogs site for rip plants.

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

My betta jumped the tank...and died. Iím so frustrated, all my favorite bettas jump and die. I had the tank mostly covered but there was a spot open and she found it. Iíll keep working on the tank now that I have glued the anubias to the wood, otherwise I would have used it somewhere else. My boyfriend loveingly said we would go get another one...lol.

post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 01:24 AM
Planted Member

Ouch! Very sorry to hear about your Betta.
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 01:50 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
Sucks about the betta, I've had that happen a few times. I'm pretty sure bettas are convinced they're birds. Keep going with the tank though, it's looking good
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Thanks. Itís always the spunky ones that jump. I was really starting to enjoy her, she had a lot of personality.

Oh well, Iíll get the tank all figured out and then maybe Iíll get another one. Unless something else catches my eye that can live in the tank. I could always put shrimp in. Itís not a huge tank.

post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 12:23 AM
Algae Grower

Sorry to hear about your betta. The tank is looking real nice and has lots of potential though. I might also get a thermometer to check the water temperature since I'm not sure a 5 watt heater can properly heat up a 3 gallon tank. The rule of thumb is 3-5 watts per gallon.

post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 06:51 PM
Planted Member

Weird off-topic question... @xjasminex -- did you remove the pictures from your posts, or does my computer just hate me? I came back to your thread to check for an update & to show a friend your tank, and now I don't see the pictures!

It's not a mystery...snails are the BEST!
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamonamon View Post
Weird off-topic question... @xjasminex -- did you remove the pictures from your posts, or does my computer just hate me? I came back to your thread to check for an update & to show a friend your tank, and now I don't see the pictures!

I did not remove any of the photos from this thread so it must be your computer.

Iím thinking that Iím going to exchange this tank for another one. Itís just too long for the side table. Its needs a better space for it and I donít have that right now. So Iím going to keep my eye out for a good kit tank that would work.

post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 08:38 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjasminex View Post
I did not remove any of the photos from this thread so it must be your computer.

Iím thinking that Iím going to exchange this tank for another one. Itís just too long for the side table. Its needs a better space for it and I donít have that right now. So Iím going to keep my eye out for a good kit tank that would work.

I just logged on from my home computer and all the pics show up just fine!

If you lived nearer, I'd be begging you to sell the bittie tank to me...not that I know where I'd put it, either! Petsmart is having pretty decent stock-clearing-out sales on smaller tanks right now, fyi...

It's not a mystery...snails are the BEST!
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I actually just bought petsmarts 2.5g tank but it wasnít on sale at my pet smart....

Cinnamonamon likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode