Hard white film - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hard white film

I don't know where exactly to post this, so I'm posting it here. My planted aquarium had a green water problem that I've been fixing mostly with water changes. I have used flourish excel a few times to help with the algae. Just recently the water took on a white haze instead of green, and suddenly there is a white film on the glass. It's hard, not soft or slimy. I can remove it with a magnetic glass scrubber, but I still would like to know the cause so it doesn't happen again. Any help or advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 01:37 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Could you post a picture?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ADA mini M low tech with Cherry Shrimp and Dwarf Puffers
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 08:19 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Hard white film on the glass, especially near the top of the waterline sounds like mineral deposits from had water. Look like the inside of a tea kettle only thinner, perhaps a bit gritty? Sounds like limestone.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

It starts about halfway up the tank. I know what the hard water marks look like, this is different. It comes off more easily than hard water marks, but still needs scrubbing to come off. It covers everything just about in the tank.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode