First Hardscape Attempt - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By cjohnson8117

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
First Hardscape Attempt

This is my first hardscape/planted tank attempt *plants coming soon* please feel free to leave any comments or criticism would be very helpful to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I like the look of the twigs reaching up to the top of the tank, especially if you'll be stocking something that will swim in the top portion! I'd flatten the rocks out though, they'd look a bit more natural and I'd be worried about them falling over as they are now.

Alternatively, you could arrange the rocks into a slope (from left to right) and flip the twig so that it's coming down like tree roots? That would be nice with bottom dwellers.

What plants will you be using? Some mosses could look great

Bump: I like the look of the twigs reaching up to the top of the tank, especially if you'll be stocking something that will swim in the top portion! I'd flatten the rocks out though, they'd look a bit more natural and I'd be worried about them falling over as they are now.

Alternatively, you could arrange the rocks into a slope (from left to right) and flip the twig so that it's coming down like tree roots? That would be nice with bottom dwellers.

Journal
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelongsnail View Post
I like the look of the twigs reaching up to the top of the tank, especially if you'll be stocking something that will swim in the top portion! I'd flatten the rocks out though, they'd look a bit more natural and I'd be worried about them falling over as they are now.

Bump: I like the look of the twigs reaching up to the top of the tank, especially if you'll be stocking something that will swim in the top portion! I'd flatten the rocks out though, they'd look a bit more natural and I'd be worried about them falling over as they are now.

Thank you for the feedback, I actually just got some plants in, Anubias Nana Petite, Moneywort and Monte Carlo. I will eventually be adding some moss to the driftwood.

This tank will be stocked with shrimp.

Tone2337 likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 09:20 AM
Algae Grower

Nice looking start! What tank is that and how big is it?

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrax15 View Post
Nice looking start! What tank is that and how big is it?

This is the Aqueon column 15 gallon

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode