Redoing 9gal - new to lily pipes & canister filters - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Redoing 9gal - new to lily pipes & canister filters

Hey guys, I have an eheim aquastyle 9 I'm going to be redoing. Id like to upgrade the stock corner filter and power led light pendant. I'm totally new to canister filters and lily pipes. I've been aquainting myself with the various lily pipes, outflows, types and so-on out there but I'd rather talk to people who've used these before.

The corner filter that came with the aquastyle seems a bit small for the tank but I honestly wouldn't know. It seemed to do a decent job but there were moments where I wish it could have helped prevent several guppy deaths "was a heavily planted tank with weekly water changes, could have been issues with methane in the substrate or something like that or residual metals from the jugs I kept my aged water in. That, or parasites.. I don't know." The filter I have my' eye on getting is the smallest classic canister by eheim. It looks much larger than the corner filter. I don't think this may be overkill but I am curious how much of an improvement it would potentially be compared to said corner filter.

I'm not sure which set of lily pipes to get. I'd like to replicate the effect I got from the corner filter so maybe a poppy outflow would be best, but I do like the look of the spin outflow as well. Both don't seem to take up too much space. Seeing the images of these for nano tanks they seem smaller than I anticipated. I wonder how they will hold up with the power of eheim's canister filter. I also wonder how quiet they are as well. There are just too many questions to ask but I figure I will start here.

Last edited by glassgupper; 08-24-2018 at 07:26 AM. Reason: .

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode