Redoing 9gal - new to lily pipes & canister filters - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Redoing 9gal - new to lily pipes & canister filters

Hey guys. Got a run down algae-ridden eheim aquastyle9 I'm going to re-do except this time I'm thinking about going with an eheim canister filter "the basic model's smallest size" - and lily pipes. I'm trying to figure out the specifics. Everything that came with the aquastyle was designed FOR that tank.. I never really had to question if the filter was adequate or the light. But I'd like to upgrade both, especially if the upgrades improve performance and presentation as well... What would you recommend?

One thing in particular I'm curious about is how much of a better idea is it to have that eheim canister filter with lily pipes compared to the corner filter that came with the tank. I know its larger and goes up to about 40 gallons "this tank is only 9gallons".

I've never used lily pipes before so I'm just getting aquainted with whats out there, what types and what they do. The corner filter was neat in that it had this waterfall feature to it that had the water ripple and this was beneficial in some way - I forget plus it looked cool... If I go with lily pipes I'd like to be able to replicate that at least some. So far I'm looking at a poppy and spin outflow. But I wonder to myself which sizes and brands would go with what.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode