Top Fin Retreat 5G Aquascape - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Top Fin Retreat 5G Aquascape

Hey guys, so I recently got back into the hobby.. two weeks ago haha. I have my 20G cycling and leeching it’s Ada our currently.

Well I saw this 5G top fin on sale for 35 bucks and had to buy two (girlfriend had been talking about a better and I’m not letting her throw it into a bowl or vase of some sort, so it’s on standby until she decides to take the plunge)....

Basically this is going to replace my lamp in my room on one of my nightstands.

If you are unfamiliar it’s a 14x9.5” tank. The filter housing is on the 9.5” side, so it’s built like the spec V, but wider.

My instinct was to face the filter housing away from my bed so I can see the front of the tank long ways when I walk in, have the back of the aqua scape against the wall, and then the open short side by my bed so I can see in while in bed being a bum. This is weird for the sole fact when you walk in my room you see the open long side of the tank and then the closed off side is visible by eye, so it looks a little funky...

I’m going to play around with hardscape and see what I can do and how I like it for a few days and then switch it if need be.

The question here is...

Has anyone aquascaped the spec v or retreat or any similar Nano tanks using the filter housing portion as their background for the aquascape? It’s very skinny that way and would make it more of a peninsula tank, well it would be a peninsula tank actually.

Or has anyone made these style tanks into an island aquascape? I’m not a fan of island scapes in smaller tanks... but ?

Any help, advice, ideas, or pictures of what you guys did to your similar tanks would be appreciated! The lengthwise approach and easy button just doesn’t seem like an option due to tank placement.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode