Nigel's Mountain Scape 9.5 gal - The Planted Tank Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Nigel's Mountain Scape 9.5 gal

New nano scape for a live contest (Vivarium) in November.

Have a look at my Youtube channel
>> www.youtube.com/nigelaquascaping
<<

Specs planted tank aquarium
Tank
40x30x30 cm
36 litre / 9.5 gal

Lighting
Aqualighter 1 30cm

Hardscape
Dragon stone

Substrate
Ada la plata
Lava split

Plants
Fissidens mini
Riccardia chamedryfolia
Flame moss
Eleocharis acicularis mini
Buce mini coin

Co2
Pressurized CO2 with a diffusor

Filter
Eheim classic 150

hardscape progress mountain 40cm by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Hardscape

Yoghurt method moss dsm

Day 27

My Tanks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

Last edited by Nigel95; 08-31-2018 at 09:23 PM. Reason: edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 12:44 PM
Algae Grower

Really well done. Was this all attached together and then dropped in as a single piece or is it free standing?
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehillreptile View Post
Really well done. Was this all attached together and then dropped in as a single piece or is it free standing?

Thnx

Nope they are all free standing but once the hardscape is finished I will glue the rocks together so I can transport it more easy to the contest.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Some clips of the hardscape. Enjoy
IntotheWRX likes this.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 01:52 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (73/100%)
Very nice. You've set the bar high for yourself now you have to keep topping it each time LOL. Good luck in contest!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 02:52 PM
Algae Grower

All the dragon stone I've ever seen or had is very orange/yellow. Where did you get this dark variety?

Looks amazing btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
Very nice. You've set the bar high for yourself now you have to keep topping it each time LOL. Good luck in contest!

Thanks man.

Haha true

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz419 View Post
All the dragon stone I've ever seen or had is very orange/yellow. Where did you get this dark variety?

Looks amazing btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I just buy them at LFS. One on the left is actually pretty reddish. I don't think they will be very dark once flooded.

And thanks

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Top view of the mountain hardscape. Almost everywhere in the crevices I put some cig filters to make the hardscape strong as possible so I can transport it to the live contest.
mountain hardscape top view by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Decided to try some fine leaved stems in the back. If it doesn't work out I can always go back to flame moss.
IntotheWRX likes this.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

wrong post please delete

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

14 days in dry start now. One week before flooding! I will add dhg mini, rotala wallichi, hemianthus micranthemoides to the scape right before flooding. When tank is stable/cycled I will add some HC and buce mini coin.

riccardia fiss macro day 14 dsm detail by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr
fissidens riccardia day 14 detail shot by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr
day 14 dsm top view by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Strange thing is for my eye it looks more rocks are covered in moss since 14 days of dry start! But when comparing photos it even looks like some moss has fallen off due spraying the tank daily. Weird haha!

day 1 vs day 14 dsm by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr
IntotheWRX likes this.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 12:58 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Nice setup and good information.
Nigel95 likes this.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Room shot of the 40cm mountain scape (dry start) for Aquaflora Vivarium contest. Added a desk lamp to make sure everywhere will reach light. Also with more light I hope mosses will attach faster. Spraying twice a day with RO water to prevent buildup of lime on the glass. Two small openings for ventilation to prevent mold.

40 cm mountain dry start setup by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr
IntotheWRX likes this.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Tank is flooded! Let's go.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Fresh green plants from Aquaflora!
aquaflora plants by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr
mountain before flooding by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr
swarley likes this.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 03:49 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel95 View Post
Fresh green plants from Aquaflora!
aquaflora plants by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr
mountain before flooding by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr
chunky loads of HC

cant wait to see your vision

love the details

Tags
aquascaping, moss, mountain aquascape, nano

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode