post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheWRX View Post
chunky loads of HC

cant wait to see your vision

love the details

I decided not to go for HC. It is a tricky plant w/o aquasoil. I decided to go for monte carlo in front and in the back some pearlweed and wallichi. Monte carlo leaves can also stay small with enough light and lots of trimming.

Keep you updated!
fiji likes this.

My Tanks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 12:40 AM
Algae Grower

Would love to try a mountain scape similar to that some day.
Looking awesome. Canít wait to see it completely planted
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 06:16 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (29/100%)
Does the blender + moss thing work with any moss? Like java moss for example?

20 Gallon jungle tank

RAOK CLUB #0

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp603 View Post
Would love to try a mountain scape similar to that some day.
Looking awesome. Canít wait to see it completely planted

Thanks I will keep this thread updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raith View Post
Does the blender + moss thing work with any moss? Like java moss for example?

I think can work short term. But long term when moss gets bigger it can detach.

I recommend this for following species: riccardia chamedryfolia, fissidens mini, fissidens fox, fissidens fontanus. But fontanus grows a little bit big. I prefer a mix of riccardia chameryfolia and fissidens mini/fox. I heard fissidens nobilis doesn't work with this. General rule is the larger the leaves the harder it is to do this method long term.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Day 11
mountain nigel vivarium fts day 11 by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr
mountain nigel vivarium room shot by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr
mountain vivarium detail by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Day 27
Some GDA on the rocks using quite some light in this scape. But I like it, gives a natural feeling. Still a way to go to get the moss in shape and stems above the rocks in the back.
IntotheWRX likes this.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 12:19 PM
Algae Grower

Wow! I really love your tank, and that dragonstone looks so menacing haha!
Nigel95 likes this.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Day 51
shrimp nigel aquascaping by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

day 1 vs day 51 dsm by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

vivarium mountain aquascape nigel hoevenaar by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr
Vinster8108 likes this.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Maintenance day
maintenance aquaflora vivarium beta tank 2 by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Riccardia chamedryfolia, fissidens mini and some flame moss
riccardia chamedryfolia fissidens mini moss aquascape - kopie by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Very tiny baby shrimp. Only a few mm. Hard to photograph! On some micranthemum micranthemoides and on the right some monte carlo leaves.

mm and yellow shrimp nigel aquascaping by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr
Immortal1 likes this.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 04:17 AM
Algae Grower

Awesome work man and ingenious way for starting moss! Never seen that done in a tank before, I had only read about it for starting in the garden!
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 01:54 PM
Algae Grower

Well done!
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 12:18 PM
Algae Grower

Wow very nice tank that hardscape is fantastic!
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

EAPLC Rank 3 Nano Category
Final video

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
gopack2104, tsquale and DaveKS like this.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 01:14 AM
Algae Grower

Inspiring work! Thanks for posting

Tags
aquascaping, moss, mountain aquascape, nano

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode