New Member, just sharing a few of my tanks - The Planted Tank Forum
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
New Member, just sharing a few of my tanks

Thanks for all of the help and inspiration from the forum. Maybe the 12 gallon goes a little over the Nano size, but figured I would include it with the 6 gallon.

The 6 gallon has been up and rolling for about a year now. The 12 is a little cloudy from a water change and stirring up the sand. Still on a weekly h2o change cycle with this one, it's still relatively new having been set up 6 or so weeks ago. EI dosing and co2 in both with finnex 24/7's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180618_191657_1529363830404.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	862937  

Attached Images

Greggz, jmontee, Quentin and 18 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 11:23 PM
Wannabe Guru

Wow both very impactful scapes! Love the tree effect with the first picture, very nice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 01:20 AM
Algae Grower

I can't get over the lower betta tank. What is that long-leaved plant?

Coffeepot Dovii Keeper

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 07:25 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquigglyThing View Post
Can't see too clearly but my guess would be crypt balansae or crypt retrospiralis, some crpyt like that..xD
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquigglyThing View Post
Thank You! It's my favorite of the two. The crypts to the left have grown out quite a bit since this picture and I've gotten rid of the Christmas moss as it was getting out of control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarley View Post
Can't see too clearly but my guess would be crypt balansae or crypt retrospiralis, some crpyt like that..xD
It was labeled at crypt spiralis when I purchased it. It grows like mad in here though. Several times I've cut it back to the substrate and writhing a few weeks it's the length pictured.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 06:47 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Welcome to the community and love the scapes you came up with. Those vals in the first tank really add a lot to the scape. Great job

-James

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
whitehillreptile likes this.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 08:10 PM
Planted Member

Is the betta tank the 12 gallon? Love it; I'll bet the betta does too!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
I really love both of your scapes.
You have a great imagination-- I bet this isn't your only artistic hobby.

180 g. low tech w/ wild South American cichlids, corydoras eques, and African Congo riverine tetras.
60 g. low tech w/ F1 Alenquer discus pair and wild Altum Angels
30 g. low tech - Breeding tank
30 g. low-tech Shrimp tank - wild-type neocaradina and Caridina cf. babaulti "Zebra"
9 gallon Shrimp tank- Caridina cantonensis ("Golden Bee's"). *Tank still at cycling stage.

“Think before you speak. Read before you think.” – Fran Lebowitz
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 10:36 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I love both scapes, but especially the second one with the wood providing a swim-through. And do you have two HOBs on that tank, one at each end?

----
2x20-longs, one heavily planted. Platy rancher. They. Won't. Stop. Breeding.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:07 PM
Planted Member

Beautiful scapes! Are you using CO2 on these tanks? If so, what regulator? Im considering getting a 6.5g long.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
Is the betta tank the 12 gallon? Love it; I'll bet the betta does too!
The betta tank is the 6 gallon. It's one of the petco bookshelf specials. Not sure if they make them anymore but they're little acrylic bowfronts, I just took the rim off. It's pretty deceptive size wise. I have a few pictures on older phones that you can't see the fish or anything else for scale and it's really hard to figure the size. There's a LFS with a picture of the tank posted and they get a lot of "how big is that betta?" comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
I really love both of your scapes.
You have a great imagination-- I bet this isn't your only artistic hobby.
There aren't many hobbies that I'm not into. Lol. This is sort of my rainy day inside thing. Here's what really steals all my time and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishspy View Post
I love both scapes, but especially the second one with the wood providing a swim-through. And do you have two HOBs on that tank, one at each end?
Yeah I put two on there to begin with. I was getting a lot of dead spots in the tank and dealing with a lot of film at the surface of the water. This fixed all those issues. I've since moved to one of the small zoomed turtle canisters and that does an even better job.

Since everyone loves the Betta tank here's a progression photo over about 5 weeks of getting it set up. It grew in pretty fast. It was taken over recently by a little bit of java fern and the Monte Carlo is starting to stand up really high so it's in need of a rescape pretty badly currently. Probably in the next few weeks when the 12 gallon calms down a bit. Still getting that one settled in. I don't really like the background plants at all, I just don't have the discipline to deal with stem plants. I found some pink panther crypts though and that should do the job. I'll update as those grow in and I settle on a midground plant for it. It's only 7 inches wide or so, so scaping it is a little challenging. The stand will hold the 22 gallon so I might just upgrade and replant instead.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180705_190002_1530831660862.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	864945  

Name:	Screenshot_20180116-201449_1530832072837.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	864947  

Name:	20180628_223150_1530832162286.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	864949  

irishspy and Discusluv like this.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie7778 View Post
Beautiful scapes! Are you using CO2 on these tanks? If so, what regulator? Im considering getting a 6.5g long.
Yeah they're both running CO2. Currently both are running diy paintball setups with the eBay special aquatek regulators. They're a little touchy but work just fine. Using the Hagen diffusers as every glass one over tried (haven't given ADA a go $$) they all release giant bubbles. There's an acrylic brand out there that I've seen but haven't tried, maybe I'll give those a go if I do a bigger tank. I'll honestly probably step up to a real 5 gallon tank in the coming months.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 12:07 AM
Planted Member

I was actually hoping to get the mini aquatek regulator. How often do you have to refill it on the 6g?

*Also I dont mean to hijack the thread, but I am unable to post after logging in for the first time in awhile. Any idea why*?
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 12:54 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
I've got to say, a couple of the most nicely presented small tanks I have seen here.

Good work!

------------------
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

The 12 gallon is starting to fill in nicely and settle in. Grabbed a few shots after a huge trim and water change after being gone for 2 weeks. Still think I'm going to pull all the stem plants out and replace them with some pink flamingos crypts. I should probably go ahead and jump to the 24 gallon long while I'm at it. 🤔
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180713_211142_1531530718692.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	865083  

Grobbins48 and Sheepy like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode