Haven't had the time or energy to take photos of my progress. Worked an 80 hr week and I'm still feeling the aftermath, haha.
Mold had started severely attacking my HC. So, I kind of panicked and read a few posts about deciding to flood.
Planted an extra tissue culture of AR mini. It's melting slowly as it's acclimating. Hopefully, I can bring it back!
Setting CO2 to 2-3 bubbles per second. Think that should be enough to fight off the algae? Don't want to be wasteful and spend more CO2 than I actually need.
I've had one little stem of HC pearling, so, that gave me a little hope things are going in the right direction. Please excuse the blurriness!
I had thought I had diatoms stuck to all my HC as pictured above, but I think it's all of the BB from the Tetra SafeStart+ I dumped in. Can someone enlighten me? It's not quite brown or anything but, this is my very first tank. So, I'm uncertain!
I had severely overdosed my tank with ammonia, I had a raw shrimp in there for a few days but I kept measuring my ammonia levels incorrectly...
In my sleep deprived state, I would fill two vials and add each bottle of ammonia tester separately. Having seen no increases at all, I eventually bought ammonia from ACE Hardware and skyrocketed my ammonia levels!
After getting some decent rest, I finally realized what I did wrong and ammonia was 8.0+ppm. Did a 50% WC and still 8.0+ppm...
Day after I did a 90% WC and got my ammonia to about 4.0 ppm.
And today here we are... phew.
Will update eventually on cycling and plant progress!