10 Gallon CO2 Question - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
10 Gallon CO2 Question

Hello all, I am new to the forum, as well as new to having a high-tech tank and I was hoping I could get some help.
I have a 10 gallon aquarium running pressurized CO2 with a diffuser. Along with this I have a CO2 drop checker.
The Drop Checker is reading in the blue-ish green area (not enough CO2 range).
In the aquarium is 90% carpet of Dwarf Baby Tears with ADA Amazonia soil. It has just been flooded recently after a 5 week Dry Start Method.
I am running about .75-1 Bubble Per Second on the bubble counter. my GH and KH are both right around 3.
According to a calculator I found online, I should be running around .8 BPS.
The problem I am having is that my pH is very low. It is reading at least 6.0 in the test vial (that is as low as it goes) so it could be lower.
My water comes out of the tap at 7.0 or 7.1
Is this common for the pH to have dropped this much? And why is it that the Drop Checker is recommending that I increase CO2?

Some more information that may be helpful is the lighting I have which is a Finnex Ray 2. The timing is scheduled so that the CO2 comes on one hour before the lighting comes on and shuts off one hour before the lighting shuts off. This is done twice a day. 4 hours in the morning, with a 4 hour siesta and then on for another 4 hours, and then all off for the remainder. There is no other light source to the aquarium while the lights are off.

I appreciate any feedback, and I'm sure my fish will too. They have been in Quarantine for 6 weeks now and I'm sure are excited to see their new home.

Thank you

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode