Dennerle Scaper tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Dennerle Scaper tank

Can't find much on these, I have been in saltwater for 10 years but got out a few weeks ago and started looking into planted. I had an all SPS tank in saltwater so I am looking for something 20gal and under to start but want to be able to grow anything I want, would the light on this tank make that happen? I am really looking for suggestions from experienced people or should I go like glass cube and buy my own light
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 10:38 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Beautiful tanks, with curved front glass.
The light is good for the size but not super powerful.
My lfs has several for shrimp and small fish and they're growing very pretty crypts and some Fern's and mosses etc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 10:49 PM
Planted Member

You wonít find much, because of the cost I think. It includes everything but a heater, so it isnít a bad deal - especially for this nice of a tank with a great shape, rimless, and low iron glass. Iíve looked at getting one - just put my money elsewhere (Craigs list is a dangerous place).

I like the looks and dimensions of the tank, and the light seems good - likely up to medium level stuff without trouble. Since it is a small fixture, it may leave some not-so-bright areas at the walls, instead giving you more shimmer and dramatic shadows. Perhaps perfect for an island scape. The lumens (I know, not PAR) are about the same as my Fluval PCL-13 fluorescent lights (thought these have likely faded a bunch over the last two years) which have grown everything I have without trouble. The LED is likely better.

Maybe I should go get one of these.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I can only grow plants when they're completely under water. Everything else is doomed.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 07:40 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
I have one and it's been a good tank with some caveats. The glass is nice and I really like the clips and glass top it came with. The filter is small and a pain to clean and not really up to handling the bioload if you have any fish in it. The light is bright in the center but misses the edges of the tank. I ended up buying a new light and going with a canister filter in the end.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 09:11 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Dennerle Scaper tank

I have the same light on a smaller tank - 30x30cm. I wouldn't say it is bright enough for those high light plants like HC but it is great for crypts, moss and hygrophila

I read somewhere that PAR with that light in a scapers tank at substrate is about 40 and at the surface was 150. Not sure how accurate these numbers are though!

- Oscar

ADA mini M low tech with Cherry Shrimp and Dwarf Puffers

Last edited by oscarlloydjohn; 03-04-2018 at 10:49 AM. Reason: typo

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode