Ferts suggestion for low tech 6 gallon Spec? - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Proteus01
  • 2 Post By SKYE.__.HIGH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Ferts suggestion for low tech 6 gallon Spec?

Hi guys.

I’ve got a 6 gallon Fluval Edge that I’m running with a female betta, a few danios, and a couple of Amanos. Sand substrate, no CO2, 16” Finnex Fugeray Planted+ (I’ve got it 10” above substrate, probably overkill, but the stock LEDs were not great, and it’s what I had on hand).

Plants are: two anubias, three Java Fern, and one generic ludwiga I picked up from PetCo.

What should I be doing for ferts here? I *can* do CO2, but would prefer not. Thanks, Heif

Last edited by Heifzilla; 03-03-2018 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Wrong tank model
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Planted Member

I have a few similar size tanks, no CO2. I dose about half the recommendation of Flourish. I think Iíll switch over to Easy Green, as it is more comprehensive and easy to dose (by squirt). Flourish hasnít been bad, it just is missing some things I may need. I typically recommend half dosing, and increase based on observations.
Heifzilla and Heifzilla like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I can only grow plants when they're completely under water. Everything else is doomed.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus01 View Post
I have a few similar size tanks, no CO2. I dose about half the recommendation of Flourish. I think Iíll switch over to Easy Green, as it is more comprehensive and easy to dose (by squirt). Flourish hasnít been bad, it just is missing some things I may need. I typically recommend half dosing, and increase based on observations.
Perfect, thank you. Iím going to get some of the Easy Green.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CPDs hate me and I don't know why

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I donít know why I typed in Spec, itís an Edge. Brain fart, I guess.

CPDs hate me and I don't know why

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I would recommend thrive fertilizer, I find thrive + very good for my high tech tank. The standard thrive is more geared towards low tech. And for instance one bottle of thrive costs 25 dollars and it last for 147 weeks on my 20 gallon tank. So on your tank it should last for around 570 weeks! You wonít have to buy anymore ever again lol. Hope this helps, skye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
psalm18.2 and psalm18.2 like this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 09:38 PM

I have a .9 gal, 1.5 gal, 2 gal, and 10 gal planted tanks, I use flourish and flourish excel and some other products I get as samples. I roughly calculate the typical 5 ml per 10 gal doses to drops since my tanks are small and do it regularly and seem to get good results. Just make sure whatever you use has what your plants animals need and no copper if you have inverts hereís a couple most recent pics of my smallest tanks, started in November last year.Click image for larger version

Name:	C0298C60-37AB-49FC-AAB5-302FE691A033_1520116635443.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	834465
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7E31E925-DFC2-4128-8135-5E14DACF24EC_1520116658465.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	834473  

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode