Seeking co2 advice for 5 gal cube - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Seeking co2 advice for 5 gal cube

Hi,

I recently acquired a 5 gallon cube (current solo), and I am piecing together an aquascape to house some shrimp. The only usable part to the setup is the tank itself so I have added the following-

10" Finnex Fugeray planted plus clipon
Azoo Mignon palm filter 60
Hydor 25w submersible

I am working on the co2 setup and was hoping to upgrade my DIY system on a 46 gal by piggy-backing on this new setup. My thought was to purchase an Aquatek basic regulator and eventually add a splitter in order to do away with the DIY and forget about those damn 2 liter bottles! One step at a time though as I can't lay out too much cash all at once as the wife may get upset (trying to fly somewhat under the radar). I plan to get the nano up and running, wait a couple months and add the splitter with needle valves to the 46 gal.

My question is should I go with the adapter and use a paint gun setup or go for the real co2 tank and if so, what size tank?

Next step will be substrate, hardscapes, and plants, but I think I am good in that department.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 11:08 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I own the aquatek mini paintball and it suits me just fine for my 5 gallon. If it were just for a 5 gallon tank, I'd say go for the paintball unit but since you plan to add a splitter to a 46 gallon later, get a standard regulator. You'll end up regretting the paintball regulator when trying to run 2 aquariums. While it will run 6-8 months on the 5 gallon, I imagine monthly refills with the 46 and the 5 together.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 09:31 AM
Algae Grower

I am currently using a ADA setup, and these tanks are so small! I plan to upgrade to a paintball setup shortly. The main reason for the paintball setup, is the cans are much easier to fill near me. If not a standard tank will be a better choice. The 5lb co2 tanks are not much larger the a paintball tank.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode