As a mediumly experienced shrimp tank keeper, this super tiny
tank is a bit of a change for me. At 4.6 Gallons without considering the mass taken up by the substrate, rocks, and wood, and plants this guy requires so much attention it's stressing me out a bit.
So, I wanted to post updates on plant growth and shrimp family additions here for you guys on the well respected planted tank nano forum to help quell that stress and chat about how this sensitive tank's progress.
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
And no, the window casts no direct sunlight on the tank.
My General Concerns
- Is my temperature ok?
- What is a good number of shrimp for this size tank?
- The Crystal shrimp are so shy. they've lived in this tank for two weeks, could there be something wrong with my water?
- Do you think the vibrations of me setting stuff down on the table freaks them out and is contributing to the hiding?
- Too much light. or too strong of one? ( i usually leave my light on 6 hours a day)
- Long green moss, common to new tanks I know, the buildup is freaking me out...shrimp are taking care of most of it but...any advice?
- Keeping mixed breeds of shrimp: I've done the reading but what's your take on it?
- First-time cannister filter user here. What to watch out for, how often should I clean for this set-up?
2 baby Cherry shrimp
2 adult Crystal mixed brown/transparent/blue(?)shrimp
Thinking about getting some Orange Rills soon
Fluval Planted tank stratum
ADA 45 CM light
External filter with carbon and nodes
Mini ADA Lilly tubes (spin pipe)
Mini heater, I usually keep the temperature at 24C or 75F