Fluval Flex - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fluval Flex

Hello There!

Just wanted to share my tank and get some advice!

The tank currently houses Ren, a young betta who was imported from Thailand
Along with this, 2 nerite snails, 6 pygmy cories(added today) (who might be moved to the 80 gallon), 4 kuhli loaches(i thought there was 3 but there was four lol) (who might also join a school of 12 in the 80 gallon in a few months), and about 7-8 Amano shrimp.

The tank substrate is a combination of Fluval Flourite Black sand and regular black sand. I had the tank set up with white sand but realized I hated the look and switch to black I actually did the switch and rescaped today, so the tank looks a bit murky still.
In order to make the tank Betta safe, I've made holes into the tube of the water output that leads out from the pump. It's greatly decreased the flow to make the tank better safe, and since the heater is in the chamber with the water that's being pushed out by the holes I made, I have adequate heating, which gives me lots of peace of mind I've also added in a small air pump and air stone. Mostly for aesthetic purposes. Ren like's to chase the stray bubbles!

For flora, I have 2 marimo moss balls, about 7 anubias plants (2 on real driftwood, and the rest on fake driftwood/spiderwood). I planted one of the anubias in the sand and learned a few hours ago that was a mistake, so I'll adhere it to the driftwood tomorrow evening. I also just add a small bunch amazon sword which I stuck in the sand/flourite. I'm using the included lighting from my Flex.
I recently learned that 16 hours of light is what caused yellowing in my anubias.
Do I need to start supplementing the tank with anything? Theres about 3 individual amazon swords in the bunch I planted together. I read that I need to add supplement tabs near the plant site to supplement them or something like that? Please advise.

Any feedback or input would be GREATLY appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8603.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	818922  

Name:	7585932352_IMG_0094 (1).jpg
Views:	59
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	818930  

Name:	IMG_8609.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	818938  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 06:06 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Oh, Ren is a beauty! As far as supplementation goes, your Amazon Swords are heavy root feeders, so they will appreciate some root tabs which you will need to replace as advised by the makers of the root tabs you use. The Anubius are not heavy feeders, but they will benefit from a lean water column dosing schedule. If I were you, I would go to the low tech forum and ask those folks for recommendations for brands & a lean dosage schedule. Your tank is beautiful!

Pretty Rad Algae Article:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode