Hey everyone! Just recently got back into the hobby and starting out small! Saw a Fluval Spec V for cheap purchased on impulse
. Looking to achieve a low maintenance and simple but elegant looking tank.
Tank - Fluval Spec V
Light - Finnex Ray
Substrate - ADA Amazonia Aqua Soil Normal Type
Plants - Monte Carlo & S. Repens
1. Decided to do the dry start method so the Monte carlo can carpet and root nicely before i fill it with water. Do you guys think the spacing is good enough? Anyone with experience in the dry-start method for monte carlo please feel free to chime in with your experiences, i'd love to read them. Will post weekly updates of hopefully growth and not melting of the carpet
2. Looking to add some wood into the empty area of the tank. I'm thinking spider wood would be a nice addition, maybe add some moss. Alternatively, if i find some nice stones, i might add that into it.
3. Looking to add some taller background plants that won't be too difficult to grow. If anyone has any recommendations of good background plants let me know!
4. Trying not to add pressurized CO2 to the mix after i fill up so hopefully everything will work out.
5. Will most likely be adding in some Crystal Red Shrimps once everything has grown in and the tank has been cycled properly.
Well this is all i got now :P! Will update in the future.