Picos anyone? Show your tanks.... - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 06:53 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidGambit View Post
Yes, it's a marimo moss ball that I ripped apart.
I assume it's glued to the rock? I'm curious to see how that works out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 01:09 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnasty View Post
I assume it's glued to the rock? I'm curious to see how that works out
Yes, I saw some Youtube videos of people doing it and decided to give it a try.

Bump: New jungle pico tank (UNS 20C) that just cycled. My Koi HMPK is settling in now. There's still a decent amount of yellow tint from the wood and adler cones, the mosses need to grow in, and I need to clean up the fallen moss on the bottom. This tank is next to my other pico (posted earlier) in the same bookshelf shelf, so I'll post pics of the setup once the wires are cleaned up.

Cinnamonamon likes this.
post #33 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 08:24 PM
Algae Grower

Hi All,

I have been reading through this forum for a little over a month now and decided to join! I have a planted fluval spec 5 gallon that houses a Betta (Guiness), 3 ember tetras, and an Amano shrimp. It's been running for 8 weeks and constantly adding plants. I look forward to seeing other users nano tanks! LA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181025_102408_1540499064268.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	871327  

Myka and AcidGambit like this.

post #34 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 10:55 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapolice17 View Post
Hi All,

I have been reading through this forum for a little over a month now and decided to join! I have a planted fluval spec 5 gallon that houses a Betta (Guiness), 3 ember tetras, and an Amano shrimp. It's been running for 8 weeks and constantly adding plants. I look forward to seeing other users nano tanks! LA
Welcome. I like the layout, and the mix of plants. That’s a lot of different species stuffed neatly in a 5g. Plenty of room for more plants, though all those stems will be trim-and-plant quickly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I can only grow plants when they're completely under water. Everything else is doomed.
post #35 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 01:54 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus01 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapolice17 View Post
Hi All,

Welcome. I like the layout, and the mix of plants. That’s a lot of different species stuffed neatly in a 5g. Plenty of room for more plants, though all those stems will be trim-and-plant quickly.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am using this tank as a learning tank before I go bigger. This hobby is definitely an addicting one 🤣. I will plant some more stems in the back and see how it turns out.
post #36 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 02:51 AM
Algae Grower

Here is my final bookshelf setup, with both pico tanks.

The box in the middle is a wire-management box I purchased on Amazon. I attached some old wallpaper to it to spice it up a bit.

RWaters, ALIFER, Myka and 5 others like this.
post #37 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 02:17 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidGambit View Post
Thank you! Yes, I used marimo moss balls. The middle of the balls are essentially hollow, with a flat surface opposite the "hairy" part. Many of the pieces on the left rock are jammed into crevices in the rock with a touch of super glue. The moss on the top of the right rock is super glued to the flat surface on top of the rock.
This is an amazing idea and I plan to steal it immediately! (well, in the next few weeks, as I set up my new 5 gallon shrimp/snail tank) Your tank is gorgeous, by the way!
post #38 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 10:09 PM
Algae Grower

Your setup looks awesome. Great idea for the wire management.
post #39 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 12:03 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (29/100%)
Here's a couple pics of a vase I had on my desk on the first day of this year. It was upgraded to a 1 gallon tank during the summer but that has now been replaced with a 2.5 gallon.

Have you succumbed to the pleasure of Multiple Tank Syndrome? I feel your pain!
post #40 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 01:16 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
Here's a .75 gallon filtered anubias tank. It's got snails and a tiny crayfish and a whole boatload of little anubias.
post #41 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 02:31 PM
Algae Grower

Very neat idea! Love the look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWaters View Post
Here's a couple pics of a vase I had on my desk on the first day of this year. It was upgraded to a 1 gallon tank during the summer but that has now been replaced with a 2.5 gallon.

post #42 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 02:02 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
Well that pretty much qualifies all my current tanks, although I am working on a 60P. I always like my Money Tree 0.9G Pico. You've probably seen it before. It probably only held like 0.1G in actual water, but it was sorta - Houseplant meets Planted Aquarium. Had this setup for around 2 years.

Peacock Moss grow well above the water line

that is amazing!
post #43 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 05:55 PM
Algae Grower

Ahh, appreciate the inspiration! Came across a few little tanks so I'm going to start up a 2.5g walstad, then follow it up with a [maybe a few] 5g!

@AcidGambit: Amazing setup! And glad to see you're a lover of classic books as well.
post #44 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiks_Coop View Post
Ahh, appreciate the inspiration! Came across a few little tanks so I'm going to start up a 2.5g walstad, then follow it up with a [maybe a few] 5g!

@AcidGambit: Amazing setup! And glad to see you're a lover of classic books as well.

I agree @AcidGambit: The set-up is excellent -- I have to say though, I am itching to switch out your books -- maybe with 1,000 Leagues Under The Sea, The Little Mermaid, and maybe Moby Dick? lol Hey, how is the moss ball glued to the rock doing? I didn't end up trying as I ran out of space in my tank, but it's still on my list for the next one!
post #45 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 11:58 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamonamon View Post
I agree @AcidGambit: The set-up is excellent -- I have to say though, I am itching to switch out your books -- maybe with 1,000 Leagues Under The Sea, The Little Mermaid, and maybe Moby Dick? lol Hey, how is the moss ball glued to the rock doing? I didn't end up trying as I ran out of space in my tank, but it's still on my list for the next one!
You guys are too much. Those two tanks are in one of ten shelves in the built-in bookshelf in my office. I guarantee that there are lots of other classic books in the other shelves.

The moss is going pretty well. That tank has required no maintenance to date and still looks good. Unfortunately, as I've chronicled in my tank journal, my main "display tank" in the office has been the exact opposite!
Cinnamonamon likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode