Rescape pointers for an evolve 8 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Rescape pointers for an evolve 8

Hey guys, I finally have my lighting about where I want it, but will add alittle more power next month. Have my diy co2 zeroed in to where it needs to be, and I felt confident that some red plants would finally do well and stay red in my tank.

Wondering if I should move anything, adjust anything, or just general pointers for this tank. Itís not a lot of ground space, and I realize just how much bigger plants cloud up the perspective.

Any tips on how to make this seem more organic? Iím trying to go for the natural, not exactly perfect look, but I do want this to look clean. Iím thinking ether take the sword out, add another one from another tank so itís even on both sides, or remove the sword and just go crypts for the front.
My anubias is going to be switched out for a barteri or a petite once I can find some, and Iím still not sure on my choice of dhg, or dbt for the carpet, but Iím ready to start that up as well.

Aqueon evolve 8, with seachem flourite, and rocks.
Ludwigia reopens and mini
Amazon sword
Anubias (not sure exact variety by maybe anubias Africa
Some sort of crypt.
And a tiny bit of frogbit for the top.
Using a citric acid based diy co2, and running the line directly into the pump behind the tank, diffuses really well, and keeps my drop checker at a constant lime green.
3 Assassin snails (trying to get them to breed for other tanks)

My lighting is a single 23 watt 6500k cfl (going to add either a second or a second slightly smaller one to supplement)
Co2 at 1 bubble per second
Seachem flourish and seachem root tabs (2 total in the tank)

Can anything else really fit in this tank fish wise, maybe a couple dwarf cories or something else really small?
Thanks for looking guys, hope everyone is having a good evening! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4232.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	810194Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4233.jpg
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	810202Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4230.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	810210

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 05:00 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Unfortunately you don't have many options when it comes to additional fish in such a small tank and with a male beta tank mate. Corydoras would be size appropriate but they are schoolers so I'm not sure if that is the best idea. If there wasn't a male betta in there you could do a "sorority" of 2-3 female betta? I'm not a betta expert though.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode