LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Ada 60-F / Betta spec / New tank

Hi everyone!

I'm back on the forum with another tank

The story behind this nice Ada 60-F is an heart stroke with a Betta,
Indeed I went to the fish shop just randomly and I saw a wonderful specimen of Betta, I basically said no the first time but... Here we are I came back the day after to buy the fish.

I was planning to keep the fish in a small 10l tank, but after few days I decided to buy a proper home for the Betta

The tank :

-Ada 60-F from the green machine
-Ada La Plata sand (for later)
-Dennerle nano filtration (Hope that will not be too much for the betta)
-50w heater
-Concerning the light I use the desk light but I'll buy a proper one, if some of you have advices ?

I start my tank yesterday, put some water conditionner, the heater and the filtration, the only problem is, the day after I realized all the water turn on "cloudy aspect", maybe due to the root wood ? (redmor one).
If some of you can help me to find the consequence ? Any ideas or tips to make it cleaner ?
While waiting for the tank ready I put some bacteria inside

For the moment the betta is still in the smaller tank, with heater to 25degrees, light and a plant, I know it's not the best condition but was in a very tiny tank in the shop and I keep lot of care, change 50% of the water every two day and clean the detritus (Water change is prepared few hours before with conditionner, of course same temperature).

Looking forward to get the big home ready

[url=https://ibb.co/mFth0m][/url

The FrenchScape :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
No lid? Looks like it would be hard finding a lid for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't ask for advice. Ask for information, gather lots of information from different reliable sources. Then use the information to make your own advice.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 02:19 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPdesign View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm back on the forum with another tank

The story behind this nice Ada 60-F is an heart stroke with a Betta,

Indeed I went to the fish shop just randomly and I saw a wonderful specimen of Betta, I basically said no the first time but... Here we are I came back the day after to buy the fish.

I was planning to keep the fish in a small 10l tank, but after few days I decided to buy a proper home for the Betta

The tank :

-Ada 60-F from the green machine

-Ada La Plata sand (for later)

-Dennerle nano filtration (Hope that will not be too much for the betta)

-50w heater

-Concerning the light I use the desk light but I'll buy a proper one, if some of you have advices ?

I start my tank yesterday, put some water conditionner, the heater and the filtration, the only problem is, the day after I realized all the water turn on "cloudy aspect", maybe due to the root wood ? (redmor one).

If some of you can help me to find the consequence ? Any ideas or tips to make it cleaner ?

While waiting for the tank ready I put some bacteria inside

For the moment the betta is still in the smaller tank, with heater to 25degrees, light and a plant, I know it's not the best condition but was in a very tiny tank in the shop and I keep lot of care, change 50% of the water every two day and clean the detritus (Water change is prepared few hours before with conditionner, of course same temperature).

Looking forward to get the big home ready

[url=https://ibb.co/mFth0m][/url

I wouldnít worry too much about the cloudiness. This is usually a natural part of the cycling process, and should clear by itself after a few days. Iíve found the redmoor root doesnít cloud the water, but it does get white jelly-like growth on it. This is completely harmless and can be removed with a toothbrush. It will disappear after a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode