My name is niku, im 24 and im not new to the hobby, i had aquariums on and off since i was very little.
English is not my first language so if there are grammatical errors, sorry in advance.
This is my current tank:
Dennerle nano cube 30x30x35(around 32l)
Lightning: Aquael LED smart plant(6w)
Filtration: Aquael PAT mini(thinking of switching to a sunsun hw-602b, i will see what results i'll get with this one and then take a decision)
Substrate: Dennerle scapers soil
Hardscape: 2 mangroove roots super-glued together and a few volcanic rocks.
CO2: DIY(for now, very basic setup here..but if i change the filter to an external one, i will also add an co2 atomizer)
Ferts:Tropica Plant Growth specialised and premium
Flora: Blyxa japonica, Fissidens fontanus, Micranthemum sp. “Monte Carlo”, Micranthemum micranthemoides, Microsorium pteropus “Trident”, Microsorium pteropus “Needle Leaf”, Phyllanthus Fluitans, Limnobium Laevigatum, eleocharis vivipara(not 100% sure here), and an unknown stem species, and one runner of glossostigma.
Fauna: none yet(thinking of 5 amano shrimp+ Red cherry shrimp and a school of small fish like CPD's or gertrudae..or even a betta, some neritina snails and that's it..maybe a hillstream loach or 2-3 otocinclus.)
I have planned this tank to be a low maintanance/low tech tank
Here are a few pictures of the set up and everything until now
Leak test and lamp
(everything looking good at this point)
( i see that blyxa is kind of beat up..but i also see new leaves coming out, in the second pic..is the stem plant that i cannot recognise.
at this point, no ferts or co2 were added.)
(started dosing liquid and co2 a few days ago. i had 3 plants of blyxa, today i could only save one and this one doesn't look so good either. there is some kind of weird algae on top of the fissidens too(first pic), Microsorium and Micranthemum aren't doing so well for some reason.. the unknown stem plant is doing veeeery well. Micranthemum monte carlois kind of stuck, but has new growth
(first water change( like 5% and i also added around 10% more because evaporation... i cut all the leaves of the grass like plant because i can see new runners coming out of the main plants and the main plants are turning yellow/black.) blyxa is still losing leaves..it only has like 2-3 leaves left...i dont understand why this plant doesn't survive. fissidens is doing ok if it wasn't for these algae(done some research on those and i think they are diatoms, not algae). monte carlo is slow, but doing well compared to the rest and i moved the filter for on one of the sides so that there's better circulation for CO2 injection into the water.
I'm thinking i have those issues because of the high temperatures around this time of the year(29*c!!!!
in aquarium), but there's a heatwave hitting the area so nothing can be done about that)
If you read up until this point and you have something to say about this setup. please leave your thoughts..i accept criticim too.
I'll be keeping this thread updated with new information whenever necesary.
Thanks for reading,