The next phase of this tank was really just a mess. I decided to move out of my apartment and drained most of the tank for the move. While in the process of packing I got really interested in killifish and decided to try my hand at hatching some eggs.
After perusing the forums I decided to order some Fundulopanchax Sjoestedi (Dwarf Red Gularis) eggs from Aquabid. Hatching was fairly simple, and just required a tupperware container with aged water. In order to maintain a stable temperature I floated the container in the tank, and simultaneously fired up a little brine shrimp hatchery.
At this point the tank still had a few ghost shrimp and bladder snails running around the tank, so I kept a sponge filter and heater running the whole time. I also was doing bi-weekly water changes to keep the nitrates in check.
Once the eggs hatched, and after a bit more research, I decided the killies would be needing a much bigger tank and started planning a 29 gal to compliment my ongoing Heap (side note, MTS is real people)