goose neck for 3 gallon planted tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question goose neck for 3 gallon planted tank

tank is only 3 gallons and is almost 15 inches across

How many 6500k LED watts would be OK for this size tank?

anyone know of a clip on / clamp on gooseneck that preferably could be put center or to the right hand side (cut-outs) that wouldn't be too strong for this tank ?

going a little nuts trying to find one
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 03:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
dunno about the clamp light but I use 14 watt 6500k cfls on many fo my tnask including ~3 gallon bubble bowl (about 12x12), 8g jumbo bubble bowl (16x18), 7g 12" cube, I just use ugly (cheap) clamp workshop lamps from home depot, some hung on chains to make adjustable.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaAurora View Post
dunno about the clamp light but I use 14 watt 6500k cfls on many fo my tnask including ~3 gallon bubble bowl (about 12x12), 8g jumbo bubble bowl (16x18), 7g 12" cube, I just use ugly (cheap) clamp workshop lamps from home depot, some hung on chains to make adjustable.
do you "clamp" them right to the aquarium itself?
I have an a rimless acrylic tank.

Thanks

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 03:19 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilontano View Post
do you "clamp" them right to the aquarium itself?
I have an a rimless acrylic tank.

Thanks
no, 2 are hung by change and otehr is currently just slapped right on top of the lid.
I don't know how well it will do for 15" long tank but I recall people liking deep blue goose neck led, however I think it uses a suction cup.. deep blue also has a clamp on (works for rimless) led for smaller tanks but not sure if it'll do what you want-haven't looked at it in over a year.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

~
~
~
~
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaAurora View Post
no, 2 are hung by change and otehr is currently just slapped right on top of the lid.
I don't know how well it will do for 15" long tank but I recall people liking deep blue goose neck led, however I think it uses a suction cup.. deep blue also has a clamp on (works for rimless) led for smaller tanks but not sure if it'll do what you want-haven't looked at it in over a year.
thanks - I'll check out deep blue
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 05:59 AM
Banned

PTrader: (45/100%)
I've had great luck with the Finnex stingray clamp on led.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 03:57 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 01:48 PM
Algae Grower

I am using 3 Deep Blue Solarflare Micro LED 6700K lights on this 2.3 gal. tank. It is 18" long. I have one more that I can add if I need to. I think they do a pretty good job of growing plants (had these on a different tank for a while). I discovered that they will work with the cheap fluval ramp timer, so I get sunrise/sunset and intensity options as well.. The light is pretty focused into a narrow cone but you can unscrew the ring that holds the optics lens and get a larger spread of the light if you need/want. I got mine a couple years ago for about $14 each. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170505_102247.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	768225  

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 07:22 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbunnie View Post
I am using 3 Deep Blue Solarflare Micro LED 6700K lights on this 2.3 gal. tank. It is 18" long. I have one more that I can add if I need to. I think they do a pretty good job of growing plants (had these on a different tank for a while). I discovered that they will work with the cheap fluval ramp timer, so I get sunrise/sunset and intensity options as well.. The light is pretty focused into a narrow cone but you can unscrew the ring that holds the optics lens and get a larger spread of the light if you need/want. I got mine a couple years ago for about $14 each. Hope this helps.

Promising looking scape in a small footprint! I love the long bookshelf format, I have a 3gal also 18" long that I thought was tiny but yours is even smaller!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode