3.5g Pico Igwami - Help needed
This is a 3.5g tank, and my first Igwami attempt. Arranged the rocks, and used ADA Amazonia. Right now only have done the hardscape, and waiting to tidy it up before adding plants this weekend.
Light used is a 16.5 watt LED unit.
Filter is a HOB with 160L/ hour flow rate.
The plants in mind - HC & Dwarf hairgrass
Need help for you guys for certain questions:
1. Is the light sufficient for the plants (source is about 14 inches from the lowest surface and 11 inches from the highest surface I want the plants on).
2. Do I absolutely need DIY Co2, or liquid carbons will do? If yes what is the suggested dosing schedule?
3. Water temperature in my low tech covered tank usually stays between 30 - 35°C (86 - 95°F), and this being an open tank the temperature is likely to be a couple of degrees of centigrade lower due to evaporation, so my question is, should I add some cooling method for the plants or they will do fine?
4. I want to do dwarf shrimps in this tank eventually as the cycling will be completed, and will add a mesh guard on intake before that to prevent shrimplets from getting sucked in. Is my filter ok in respect to both my choice of plants and the shrimp?
5. I want to add a third plant (preferably red) for highlighting some parts of this scape, but want to have something "in right scale" as I want this tank to look much bigger than it really is. Any plant suggestions keeping my equipments, tank size and temperature in mind?
Any other inputs will also be very much appreciated as I only have experience with very low light (0.5 watts of LED/ gallon) and low tech tank (no co2 or liquid carbon, weekly liquid ferts) and have grown almost all species of Anubias, Marselia hirsuta, Java Moss, Java Fern, Crypts & Sword, but nothing other than these.
Here is a picture of the tank I'm working on (only the hardscape is done, tank is dry) -