Send it~boog's 45u - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Arrow Send it~boog's 45u

Its been about 6 years since I have gotten my arms wet in a tank of my own, and yesterday as I was sitting on my couch recovering from a hernia operation I decided in an instant, ITS TIME! I did a little research on what exactly I wanted to do and now Im going for it! The difference this time around being, I can afford what I need(ok maybe what I want)... Anyways, here is whats going down.. I just placed an order with Buceplant.com, and I have to say my experience with them thus far has been very positive, any questions I had were answered in minutes and I was even able to get some scaping materials that they did not have listed on their site. Here is what I am anxiously awaiting:

Tank
Ultum Nature Systems 45U 9.3gal 17.71"x 11.02"x11.02"

Lighting
Twinstar 450E LED

Filtration
azoo Mignon 360 (95/gph)
got this to start but know I will be buying a canister soon

CO2
UNS Nature Bottle (should last 60 days)
I have a co2 tank but need to get new gear to run it safely

Nutrients
UNS Plant Food 1-part system

Substrate
Contro Soil Extra Fine (1mm)
contemplating a base of ADA Tourmaline BC and ADA Power Sand Special S in the back of my scape to promote more micro life

The hardscape will be all Okho stone

Flora
All flora I have ordered thus far is from Tissue Culture to ensure sterility
HC 'cuba'
Dwarf Hair Grass
Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo'
Lilaeopsis Novaezelandiae/ micro sword
Staurogyne Repens

plants to be later added will include different red/orange varieties of Ludwigia and Rotala. Not certain yet

Fauna
Still up in the air but here is a quick thought
Celestial Pearl Danios
Oto Cats
Amano shrimp
crystal red or cherry shrimp

So far What I am planning is to Dry start the tank as soon as I get it, from what I understand this should essentially cycle the tank or get rid of the need to do so. When I am feeling ready to fill( about 4 to 6 weeks) I will get together my submersed plants get those in and add fauna the following week. As I said first thing, I am jumping back in with much excitement and enthusiasm after a long hiatus, but I used to research everything very thoroughly and although I may be rusty, I have a rough grasp on things. Before jumping in however I thought it would be within my best interest to get some feedback from some professionals/enthusiasts about my plan of attack. So What do ya'll think? Should I amend the substrate further? Should my order of operations be any different? Is the dry start the way to go? Other suggestions for optimum plant growth? This time around its all about the plants I want them to explode. Any and all feedback is appreciated and I will be posting pictures as things arrive and I start to set up. I am beyond stoked to get back into this Art of Science!

Cheers.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode