Nanocube 12 minimal planted GloFish setup - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By kotton

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Nanocube 12 minimal planted GloFish setup

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum but have been in the aquarium hobby for a good 15 years now. We have had some changes at home which didnt leave me a whole lot of time to keep on my 5 year old NC 12 saltwater setup, so I ended up breaking it down and putting it in storage the past year. Anyway I had a little free time finally, so I wanted a simple freshwater setup and thought a planted tank with 6 Tetra GloFish would be fun for the house.

The tank is monitored by a ReefKeeper Lite and modified with a ceramic bio ball filled media basket in chamber 1, MJ 900 pump upgrade, and the NanoCustoms LED retrofit which is a moderate lighting setup that worked well for all corals except LPS/SPS. I hope its decent for the two plants I have in there at the moment, which are the Anubias nana on Driftwood, and Dwarf Sagittaria. I'm not going to have a C02 setup for this and was planning on using the liquid SeaChem supplements for those requirements, and the substrate is CaribSea Eco-Complete.

Is there anything I need to look out for with these two plants? I had a 50 gallon freshwater for many years, but never had live plants in it.

Right now I'm in the middle of a fish-less cycle but here are the current pics below.

The blue large stones in there are from this company and are supposed to be non toxic and tank/pond safe. They actually glow once all the lights are turned off after soaking in the LED lights all day. Hopefully it complements the GloFish when I stock the tank.

1" Blue (Blue) Stones - Core Glow
powderwt and powderwt like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode