Hi all, I'm very new to the planted aquarium and have just passed the 10 week mark with my attempt at an Iwagumi planted setup with HC Cuba, glossostigma and crystalwort. I've got a few red cherry shrimp to help with the algae. Initially I struggled with varying elements such as CO2 rates, LED light levels and types, substrates, algae, etc. I think it's finally under control now with the right balance of each. Apart from maintaining the tank where do you go after this....? I can't help but want to add fish and more plants, but I know this defeats the purpose of this type of aquascape. Any simple suggestions to progress this project a little further would be appreciated.
- 2ft tank
- Eheim 2217 filter for good circulation
- ADA Aquasoil
- Pressurised CO2 with glass diffuser at about 2 bubbles per sec
- Aquaone Ecoglo 2ft LED light with only white LEDs on (blue off), plus
- Aquaone Plantglo 2ft LED light with only half of LEDs on ( this was the only combination of lighting that I found promoted growth with limited algae)
- 1ml Seachem flourish comprehensive per week
- weekly 30% water change
I've stopped using N,P,K fertilisers until needed, as algae was out of control. Any suggestions welcome....thanks for reading.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk