Jararrium Upgrade - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
H_C
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Jararrium Upgrade

This is my first post so bare with me...
I have previously owned two tanks a 50 gallon and a 9 litre, both only had fish from what I remember they were guppies and goldfish. As I'm at uni and no pets are allowed I bought myself a large jar and bought a few plants and made myself a jarrarium. After a few weeks and some YouTube videos I encountered the RCS , and ended up buying 4 from online since none of my local pet shops/aquariumists have any.

Here's what I have in the jar:
4 x RCS (I think 1 female 3 males)
3 x small moss balls
1 x cryptocoryne lucens (unfortunately the plant was more roots than anything else so didn't make it)
2 x cryptocoryne undulata
1 x java moss on mesh
1x flame moss on mesh
Small piece of Indian almond leaf
A bunch of Salvinia Natans
1 x stowaway snail (I think it's a pond snail) anyone confirm it ?
Substrate: tetra active substrate ( only bought this because it was the cheapest on eBay)

Before anyone complains , the shrimp are all perfectly happy and in fact 2 have successfully moulted. As for water changes , I was doing 40% every week but since I added the salvinia I haven't done any as of yet.

Pictures: https://m.imgur.com/a/HZ6Wq

Now onto the upgrade aspect, I would like to transfer everything into a 60 litre nanocube tank and add a few more plants but I'm not sure how to go about it with regards to substrate. I would like to add Rhodobryum Giganteum And a carpeting plant into the new tank but would I need some sort of soil to go with my current substrate or should I replace it all with a single type of substrate?

Thanks for reading and apologies if it seemed a little rushed, it's the second time I'm typing it out as the first time the browser crashed.
If you have any questions please ask as I'm sure I will have plenty too.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode