Would this fit? - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By RyRob
  • 2 Post By Opare
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 33
Would this fit?

https://www.amazon.com/stems-species...lants+aquarium

Would you guys think these type of plants could fit into my 7.5 gallon cube tank?
FrieGuy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 03:45 PM
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 64
Yes......for a month then you'd have to trim quite alot back. Depends on what look your going for

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
jsankey88 is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsankey88 View Post
Yes......for a month then you'd have to trim quite alot back. Depends on what look your going for

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
I am looking for a full but not crammed look. Just want it to look presentable.
FrieGuy is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 04:35 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 336
It would make a nice jungle tank but that sword will spread roots to cover the entire bottom of your substrate possible choking out the rest of the plants, if it doesn't choke itself. The rest of them will grow indefinitely unless you trim.

Honestly, I'd skip buying plants on Amazon. Instead, I'd look at the for sale section of this forum. Aquariumplantscentral.Com is another decent place to order plants, very well packaged and generous portions.

You can create a nice plant layout for a 7.5 with one or 2 stem plants and a ground cover of some kind. Not sure what you're going for but based on your post is assume low light/tech. Plants that come to mind are an easy rotala/ludwigia for background then some styrogen repens or downoi for a mid ground and maybe some micro sword for a foreground, possibly some monte carlo. Don't over think this dude.
jsankey88 and jsankey88 like this.
RyRob is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 05:53 PM
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 64
Aquariumgardens.co.uk are a nether decent supplier of plants....I do t go anywhere else but there

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
jsankey88 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 05:54 PM
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRob View Post
It would make a nice jungle tank but that sword will spread roots to cover the entire bottom of your substrate possible choking out the rest of the plants, if it doesn't choke itself. The rest of them will grow indefinitely unless you trim.

Honestly, I'd skip buying plants on Amazon. Instead, I'd look at the for sale section of this forum. Aquariumplantscentral.Com is another decent place to order plants, very well packaged and generous portions.

You can create a nice plant layout for a 7.5 with one or 2 stem plants and a ground cover of some kind. Not sure what you're going for but based on your post is assume low light/tech. Plants that come to mind are an easy rotala/ludwigia for background then some styrogen repens or downoi for a mid ground and maybe some micro sword for a foreground, possibly some monte carlo. Don't over think this dude.
He's right, don't overdue it! I've done that loads in the past. Be patient and get plants you like the look of and have requirements for etc.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
jsankey88 is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 06:03 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Econde's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrieGuy View Post
https://www.amazon.com/stems-species...lants+aquarium

Would you guys think these type of plants could fit into my 7.5 gallon cube tank?
Might I suggest aquabid? You can find better deals on plant assortments.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

20g Long -Retired
10g Betta tank -Retired
1.1 Gallon Vase -Retired
Econde is online now  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 06:31 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
Opare's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: KL, Malaysia
Posts: 1,926
The Amazon Sword is probably the only one that would give you trouble.
But I agree with the others shope elsewhere and look for specific plants that you like, and do a bit of research to make sure they'll do okay in your tank. I would look at the 'Easy' section in Tropica's plant finder to start off with.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Econde and Econde like this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Opare is offline  
Reply

Tags
None

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome