Biorb Flow Planted Conversion - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By jumpzakjump

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Biorb Flow Planted Conversion

Before I get started I know that BiOrbs aren't ideal tanks, in fact I was really disappointed with mine when I first got it (2 years ago). The filter system was horrible, the tank never really cycled, I couldn't keep any fish/shrimp alive and almost gave up and got rid of it. But I decided to use what I had to make a nice planted tank.

About 6 months ago I decided to ditch the whole undergravel filter/bubble tube system and buy a small internal filter. I went with a 10gal aqueon quietflow. Within days of installing the new filter the tank had cycled completely, something that just wasn't possible with the original system. So I added a few zebra danios in (I know they are simple fish but I really enjoy them a lot after studying them so much in college).

I had no substrate at all and only had the driftwood with anubias attached which I had from the get go. The tank went on like this for a long while (no ferts, no co2, no anything besides the low watt LED light that the BiOrb comes with). Finally a few weeks ago I decided I was ready for a true planted tank with this. So here is the tank now. It is a Biorb Flow 30L. Low tech obviously, but higher tech than it has been for over two years! :P

Substrate- Leftover aquasoil amazonia
Plants-
Anubais nana on the driftwood (this is 2 yr old anubias, it's come a long way and done quite well without any ferts)
Crypt wendtii tropica
Java fern windelov
Bacopa monnieri and caroliniana
Limnophila aromatica
Hygrophila corymbosa
Sagittaria (not sure of species)
Small amount of eleocharis sp. mini leftover from another nano tank, not sure if it can survive the low light but we'll see
Ferts- Dosing 1/4 EI and metricide 14
Fauna- brachydanio rerio, red and blue rili shrimp coming soon

Excuse the pics, the biorb flow has curved surfaces so it distorts the view a bit but gives a cool 3-side viewing angle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode