3Likes
  • 4 Post By Maddie
  • 2 Post By RWaters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
6.2 Gallon

So... after three months of not having a running tank, my mom wanted a betta. So, off we go to the pet stores, trying to find something to our specifications. Not under 5 gallons, but small enough to fit on the kitchen counter, glass, and a decent light.
We found a new tank at Petco made by Imaginarium, called the Pro. It's 6.2 gallons, with an LED light and a built in filter and media container. As soon as we got home, I set it up and went ahead and put FloraMax in with the water. Then today, I went to our LFS and picked up some spider wood, java moss and Anubias nana. Petite was 10 a bunch so I passed on it.
But... I plan to stock it with ~6 pygmy cories and some shrimp (mom decided to just let me have it), so those will hopefully be coming after payday next Friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 04:08 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (29/100%)
Sounds nice. Any pics?
proper.noun and proper.noun like this.

Have you succumbed to the pleasure of Multiple Tank Syndrome? I feel your pain!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Here's a link. I'm not super knowledgeable about uploading, and my photography isn't the best, but for a cell pic it's not too bad.
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pH...=pTrackerc.jpg

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Update:
LFS visit today! I was surprised but very happy to find C. habrosus. The only species of pygmy commonly carried here is C. pygmaeus, so I bypassed them today. The habrosus were as inexpensive as the pygmies at $3, so I got half a dozen... and five cherry shrimp.
They all seem happy in the tank, despite the lack of light (which will unfortunately have to wait until the 9th of December.
I'm thinking a group of pygmaeus to finish up the tank. Probably half a dozen. I wish the tank was big enough for a group of all three species. Maybe I can upgrade.... Not. My mom has already vetoes a larger tank, and a saltwater (Fluval EVO). We shall see though. Dad really likes the SW so he may take up for me. I tried to get him to go halvsies, but no dice.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Update: Shrimp had to be removed. Not really sure why, but they started keeling over. So, they were moved to my mom's Spec V and left there. Only one has survived.
The java moss and anubias are both growing like crazy. I had a stock light from my 56 gallon left, so even though it's about a foot too long, it'll have to last until I can get a new light. With Repticon coming up and getting bit by the reef bug, we shall see how long it'll take. I'm thinking a Finnex light of some sort.
I want to get some Downoi when I get my stronger light. I love the look of it.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I'll be taking pictures soon, but the moss has gone nuts and covered all the driftwood like I was hoping! One of the cories has disappeared, but that's all that's new. The other five are happily alone in the tank, which has very minimal maintenance besides daily feeding and top offs as needed.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 02:29 PM

i know this is a slightly older thread but.... what did you use the the bend in the return? im looking to mod the return on my 6.2 pro.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode