My UGwagumi nano - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
My UGwagumi nano

This is my first time working with UG I'm just concerned it might be too tall for my hardscape. what do think? I plan to grow the UG emersed for about a month before filling the tank. I hope I can hold out!

Any opinions on the hardscape would also be appreciated as this is only my second attempt at Iwagumi

Last edited by DBLSHOT; 06-20-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Maybe a little more soil mounding between the rocks. So it looks more like 1 big rock thats coming out of the ground, rather than 3 smaller rocks laying next to each other.

But etheir way it looks really nice as is.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I did think about adding more soil between the rocks but I was worried once the UG grows out it would hide too much of the hard scape.

its been a few days and I'm noticing some of the UG near the lower right part of the tank seems to be melting. should I be concerned? The water level in that area is around 1/2 inch above the soil.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (114/100%)
You might want to try to let the water level drop down to the substrate in that area. If this is fresh aquasoil or something similar any standing water is going to get a blast of ammonia for a bit.
At the same time UG is kinda finicky at least in my experience. The first portion I bought had some meltdown as it adjusted to the tank but it eventually established and made a full comeback.

Edit: Nice tank. If you can get it growing super tight and short the rock in the right front should stay visible. Otherwise that one might only pop out after trimmings. The rest should be ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Wannabe Guru

I think it looks great

-

-
-
AQUATIC GAZETTE FEATURE

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for the tips MrJG I'd hate to have all of your beautiful UG die on me. I'm actually using recycled amazonia II from another tank. It was used about six months then I left out to dry for about a 2 weeks. Do you think the soil is still good to use? i'm not sure if it retains all its nutrients once let to dry.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (114/100%)
Oh yea you should be good to go. Its probably just taking a bit of a hit acclimating to your water. Its accustomed to semi-RO water and high concentrations of CO2.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 05:09 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Great setup.. this will look good in a few months..

[50g][
][
][
][
][
][
][
][
][3g][2.1g] - [
] [
][
]
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

thanks but I'd say 80% of the UG melted away so I decided to fill the tank. I"m starting to loose hope. Maybe I'll try again with HC I guess I'll give it another month and see if the UG can make a comeback

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode