Saylor's 2.5 pt. II - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Saylor's 2.5 pt. II

Finally got everything together for this tank. I've been planning this for a bit now and it turned out really well! This is my betta's 2.5 gallon home.
Just flattened marimo balls and java moss. Simple. Can't wait for the marimos to attach themselves together so it doesn't look blotchy.

Comments and suggestions are welcome. I'll put up more photos when the bubbles disappear.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (35/100%)
Those flattened marimo balls look sweet! I wonder if they will grow together to make a completely filled in lawn. Awesome Betta too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Love the flattened marimo balls! I've never seen that done.

What a beautiful home for your betta

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (15/100%)
Hey that looks great! I have marimo balls and never thought to try that. i have seen people attach it to wood and it forms over it.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I've seen it mostly done on driftwood and whatnot, not really ever a full carpet. Probably because it takes a lot to cover, just the 2.5 took 4 balls!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 05:31 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (56/100%)
Good job. I hope that the flattened balls meld together, too. If they do, I imagine it will take quite a while due to the slow growth rate.

And I agree, great looking betta.

Do you plan on adding any dwarf shrimp? I think they would fit in well with the scape.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 05:38 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (17/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2005 View Post

Do you plan on adding any dwarf shrimp? I think they would fit in well with the scape.
I think they would get eaten.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 05:57 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (56/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyhermit View Post
I think they would get eaten.
I keep RCS with my male betta in a 2.5g tank and for the first month or two, he would attack them. Now he doesn't even pay attention to them. Just be sure you have another colony of shrimps that you can resupply the 2.5g with in case he does eat all of them.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

That would be cool but I don't know the first thing about shrimp, just bettas. Maybe in a couple of months when I get settled in my first year of college. Plus you can only have one tank per dorm room. I'll think about it.

I'm not worried about the growth rate of the marimo balls, lol...I've got plenty of time to wait. I just hope that they do indeed grow onto eachother.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Algae Grower

omg, wow.

Im gonna get those balls too ! .

btw nice tank .
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
very nice dude! I have a marimo ball opened up too, just for a hill though. I love it.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode