ADA Cube Glass vs. Mr. Aqua Glass - Which Nano? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
ADA Cube Glass vs. Mr. Aqua Glass - Which Nano?

I am looking to purchase a 7.5g, 12 x 12 x 12 Nano Tank. My searches have been narrowed down to one of the following:

ADA Glass 30 Cube - $68 (inc. shipping)

or

Mr. Aqua Class Cube - $44 (inc. shipping)

Is the ADA worth $24 more? And why?
Thanks!

Last edited by bitFUUL; 05-18-2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: adjusted pricing to include shipping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 12:57 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via AIM to VadimShevchuk Send a message via Skype™ to VadimShevchuk
ADA is ADA. I think 24 dollars is so worth it for an ADA tank.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
I'm pretty sure GLA in Florida has a cube that size too.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:06 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitFUUL View Post
I am looking to purchase a 7.5g, 12 x 12 x 12 Nano Tank. My searches have been narrowed down to one of the following:

ADA Glass 30 Cube - $68 (inc. shipping)

or

Mr. Aqua Class Cube - $44 (inc. shipping)

Is the ADA worth $24 more? And why?
Thanks!
68 inc shipping for a 30c? Where?

I paid 90 for mine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:09 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
I got the Mr. Aqua, great IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:20 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
i would recommend you look at this, gla has first rate stuff!
http://www.greenleafaquariums.com/gl...rium-30-c.html

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajata View Post
http://www.greenleafaquariums.com/gl...rium-30-c.html
Aren't those Mr. Aquas?
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:29 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas_one View Post
Aren't those Mr. Aquas?
i don't know Orlando is on vacation this week, you could ask him. He will give you an answer;however, I do not think they are.

Are you looking at the do!aqua ADA 30cm?

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJaypex View Post
68 inc shipping for a 30c? Where?

I paid 90 for mine
http://www.adgshop.com/ProductDetail...0-870&CartID=1

Quote:
GLA looks nice too and seems to be the same price as ADA (if not a few bucks more) Maybe I don't see the differences, but they are ALL 12x12x12 with 5mm glass.... is it worth the money to go with GLA or ADA... I want to know if I am missing something..

[50g][
][
][
][
][
][
][
][
][3g][2.1g] - [
] [
][
]
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

5 posts.. maybe now I can link..

[50g][
][
][
][
][
][
][
][
][3g][2.1g] - [
] [
][
]
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:

Yup... any input?
http://www.adgshop.com/ProductDetail...0-870&CartID=1

[50g][
][
][
][
][
][
][
][
][3g][2.1g] - [
] [
][
]
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
i don't know Orlando is on vacation this week, you could ask him. He will give you an answer;however, I do not think they are.

I was just curious, all the GLA tanks are the same sizes of the Mr. Aquas, and I saw a 48 the other day and it looked a lot like my Mr. Aqua 48. The silicone looked like someone cleaned it up a bit with a razorblade on the GLA though, they do look really nice.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:42 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas_one View Post
Aren't those Mr. Aquas?
They sure look the same. Hmm MR. Aqua and GLA happen to have the same dimensions and they hit the market around the same time.
As far as ADA VS. MR. Aqua/GLA there is no comparison in quality. I personally think Mr. Aqua comes close to Do!aqua. I have not seen a GLA tank so I cant compare. If you have never owned a rimless tank or the tank will be a centerpeice in your home then I say go ADA. Mr. Aqua is a nice tank espicially for the price. I have 2xADA 30C but there gonna go on a rack so Im getting 4 Mr.Aqua Cubes. It does add up when you buy more that two.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:55 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIMOBALL View Post
They sure look the same. Hmm MR. Aqua and GLA happen to have the same dimensions and they hit the market around the same time.
As far as ADA VS. MR. Aqua/GLA there is no comparison in quality. I personally think Mr. Aqua comes close to Do!aqua. I have not seen a GLA tank so I cant compare. If you have never owned a rimless tank or the tank will be a centerpeice in your home then I say go ADA. Mr. Aqua is a nice tank espicially for the price. I have 2xADA 30C but there gonna go on a rack so Im getting 4 Mr.Aqua Cubes. It does add up when you buy more that two.
I agree with you on the ADA thing. You can't really compare the others with perfect. I just can't talk myself into spending that much on a tank. Maybe I'd scoop on one of the smaller ones, but 500 bucks is a lotta bread for a 50 gallon tank. Reminds me of car paint, you really gotta look for the difference between a $1K paint job and a $5K paint job, and 95% of the people wouldn't see the difference.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
I'd be willing to bet that the GLA tanks are just rebranded Mr. Aquas with a little logo stickered onto them.

I was looking at getting a GLA tank but they charge nearly double in shipping to me compared to Aqua Forest and ADGshop.com. I'll probably order a Mini-L from one of the two.

How does the glass on the Mr. Aqua/GLA compare with the "high clarity" ADA glass? Has anyone here seen and compared both in person?

Tony

My

and my

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode