help with stocking a 15g - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By SueD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
help with stocking a 15g

my 15 gallon (uk gallon 17 us gallon ) is now about 2 months old maybe abit more. i currently have 1 male betta, a few mts , an assassin snail, rcs and 6 leopard corys.
i know its probably too early to add any otos but ive left my lights on longer (about 10 hours) to start to grow algae which i had none of, im not too concerned about feeding though because i wouldnt mind feeding veg and i would start of with 3 and then upgrade to 6 i would prefer to keep 1 but apperently there is a higher chance of them dying of not kept in a group.
but when i go to aqadvisor it says i am at almost 100% bioload and my filtration is too weak which is concerning to me since i am planning on removing that filter and just keeping the sponge filter i have, my tank is moderately planted and i try to keep on top of water changes doing about 30% a week with prime. do you think i will be ok or any advice. ( im not going for the otos because of the fact they eat algae i just like how they are always looking for food, the alternative would be a pleco but BN are too big for my tank and i dont really like the look of a clown plec) anyway
thanks and sorry for the long first post
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aqadvisor.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	676073  

Last edited by Harrison Malik; 09-29-2016 at 07:41 PM. Reason: forgot to add picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 02:37 AM
Wannabe Guru

Yeah you definitely need to get at least 6 Otos. That stocking actually sounds fine take AqAdvisor recommendations with a grain of salt.
As long as your Betta is calm everything should be fine.
I would keep the filter though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

thanks, it would be ok to get 3 at first though? i dont want them to starve to death

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 07:16 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
While you could start with 3, I would get all 6 at once. You might end up with only 3-4 as they are often not the healthiest fish and sometimes have a high casualty rate. Once they get by the first month in your tank, you should be good with no additional losses as long as all other things related to tank maintenance and feeding are kept up. Cute little guys.
Opare and Opare like this.

Tags
betta, oto, planted, stocking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode