Marimo's ADA Mini S (LED) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Marimo's ADA Mini S (LED)

First thanks to John Ciotti for this unique set up.
Equipement
ADA Mini S
ADA Mini S solar light upgraded with 8k LEDS
ADA Aquasoil Amazonia Type I regular and fine
ADA tourmaline BC
ADA Bacter
ADA power sand
Pressurized Paintball CO2
Filter to be determined. I have HOB, zoomed 501, or eheim 2213 in stock
Scape will be Iwagumi using seriyu stone
Flora Japanese hairgrass
Fauna to be determned
thats all for now
Oh this is what it looked like at the pet expo.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
Is that all Japanese Hairgrass?

Eheim Classic 2213
Eheim Pimp #341

post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (40/100%)
Send a message via AIM to deleted_user_16
are the 8K LEDs high power and used to supplement the original bulb? or are they the sole light source for the tank?

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

zoo there was UG in the tank no J. hairgrass.There is some rare J. mini rotala and rare moss from Japan. I have a pinch in another tank. I beleive the LED's are 3 stunner LED strips from Ecoxotic. The light is at least 2x brighter than the original

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
That looks really good, I like the contrast of red against the green, do you think we could get some close up pictures?
Also, what do you mean at the pet expo? You showed it at one?

post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 11:45 PM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman9809 View Post
are the 8K LEDs high power and used to supplement the original bulb? or are they the sole light source for the tank?
I'm sure that they are cree LEDs.

-Chris

post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentK View Post
That looks really good, I like the contrast of red against the green, do you think we could get some close up pictures?
Also, what do you mean at the pet expo? You showed it at one?
The tank is empty now I took out the Sakura shrimp, green kubotai microrasbaras, rotala mini Japan and the J. moss. I may have some close ups. SCAPE was at the Orange County Pet EXPO spreading the word about planted tanks. We had 11 planted tanks on display. Including 4 ADA tanks. We had a big turnout and will be at more expo/conventions.

Fishman/CL the lighting is completely LED. 3 strips 6 watts each for a total of !8 Watts of LED lighting. There are about 4 blue actinic LED's to enhance the color of the fauna. Creates really nice shimmer, super cool temperature, and are supposed to last 10 to 15 years. The LED's are actually under powered on purpose for reliability and long life they are actually higher wattage. No moon lights but im gonna add some later.

post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here is a view of the LED'S

post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I realized my Do!aqua Mini M fits really good on the Mini s light so its tempting and might use that tank istead. But that would mean I have no room for a HOB filter and would have to use a canister Im trying to keep things simple hear.

I have alot of stone about 100l lbs so i have plenty to play with
Top view

Slope is 1/2 inch in the front and about 5 twards the back

Final Scape will get a topping of powder aquasoil

post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 02:52 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (15/100%)
Looking good so far
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks dream. I really am having fun with this scape just one tiny twist of the stones and it improves the look or ruins it. Im using the rule of thirds as my guide. I got so focused on the placement that as I began to pour the powder aquasoil I forgot to add the powersand, tourmaline and bacter . Ahh! I have bacter balls and Pfertz root tabs so ill add that instead of ruining my scape and mixing the powder aquasoil

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
i might be really dumb here guys but how do you use a paint ball canister for co2, is it the same as the canisters you buy in the lfs?

18 gallon long riparium

my sleeves

post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Planted Member

question. Are the root tabs necessary when planting with ada aquasoil? Or are you just fortifying the soil? Im still "green" when it comes to those things. I assumed that fertilization would supplement anything in the tank unless you were going to go with plants that are root demanding.
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke20037 View Post
i might be really dumb here guys but how do you use a paint ball canister for co2, is it the same as the canisters you buy in the lfs?
Not a dumb question at all. Its pressurized CO2. I believe the bottle is 20 oz. It has a small regulator you can get online plus I installed a better needle valve. Ill post some picks.
Aquasoil should be enough. The purpose of the power sand is to allow oxygenation o occur throught the substrate also for better water flow through it preventing it from becoming anerobic. Bacter dissloves and releases nitrifiying bacteria throught. Tourmaline I cant remember may be iron. I had it so why not use it. Finally root tabs are used for replenishing old substrates or growing nutrient root demading plants like crypts and erio. Once again I had it so why not use it.

post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Planted Member

Ah ok. Wouldnt hurt to use it right? hah. Good start to everything.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode