10gal desktop at work - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
10gal desktop at work

Started a new 10gal tank at work.

This will be my second planted tank, the first one was a Spec V that became overrun with algae. I had this 10gal tank in my garage so i tore down the spec and started from scratch.

Stock list
3 amano shrimp
7 CPDs
10 rili shrimp (future)

Started with the 10gal tank and added some ada amazonia soil

Added some rocks and then plants from /r/aquaswap and here as well.

Added a few more plants, Some Floating and a square of Fissidens
Added a Finnex Stingray light on a timer, Digital Thermometer and a 1/4" polycarb top that i custom cut to fit. Wanted a clear top to keep fish and shrimp from jumping out and to cut down on evaporation. On the spec 5 i had quite a bit of evap.

I am not sure what i was thinking but i added Amano shrimp to soon before the tank finished cycling, which was stupid. Most did survive, probably thanks to Prime dosing.

Last week the tank did eventually cycle (yay) so i ordered some CPDs from aquatic arts. I went with Aquatic arts because they had tank raised CPDS and i wanted to be able to feed them dry food and from what i understand, its much easier with tank raised while Wild caught need Live food. Keeping live food at work would be difficult i think.

Added the fish today, so far so good

What do you guys think? Scape isnt anything special, the more i think about it the more i think its just ok.

Concerns: Lighting, will the Finnex be fine with no CO2, on a timer for 8hrs a day. Tank does look much better with it.
Sponge Filter, I've never used a sponge filter, will it be enough for this tank?
Heater, I need to get a heater put in. Currently the office keeps the temperature pretty consistent but in the winter im sure it will fluctuate more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160823_113612.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	663954  

Last edited by Alakith; 08-23-2016 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Fix img links

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode