-inverts
Orange dwarf mexican crayfish
Sakura fire rcs
Ghost shrimp
-snails
Gold mystery snail
Assassin snails
Pond snails
-Plants im not gonna start a list its way to long!
-Dosings
Flourish
Flourish excel
Fluval bio booster
Jungle start right
Jungle clear water
-food
Tetra 3 select a food
Elive cichlid color granules
Frozen brine shrimp and blood worms
Api bottom feeder pellots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160708_135253_1468000867431.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	650633  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hello, I think your equipment is good, but your overstocked. In a 10g there shouldn't be a betta with other fish, you can have a diver have two regular bettas with inverts. The cardinals, zebras, rams, and catfish shouldn't be kept in a 10, all but the rams need 6+. The rams shouldn't be kept together in a 10, I think maybe one ram by it's self is fine in a 10. The MDC shouldn't be with fish or other inverts(I believe they shouldn't be with other inverts). Just so you know your assassin snail will kill your other snails and your rams will kill the shrimp, snails, and maybe the MDC. I suggest you restock or keep the better and give the rest of the fish and the MDC away or keep only the MDC.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

There has been no signs of agression and the betta is a female many hidint spots for shrimp so rams nor mdc cant get them. Also i am selling my gold mystery snail and he is in breeding container temporarily. I dont want any pond snails that what the assassins are for

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platy Lover View Post
Hello, I think your equipment is good, but your overstocked. In a 10g there shouldn't be a betta with other fish, you can have a diver have two regular bettas with inverts. The cardinals, zebras, rams, and catfish shouldn't be kept in a 10, all but the rams need 6+. The rams shouldn't be kept together in a 10, I think maybe one ram by it's self is fine in a 10. The MDC shouldn't be with fish or other inverts(I believe they shouldn't be with other inverts). Just so you know your assassin snail will kill your other snails and your rams will kill the shrimp, snails, and maybe the MDC. I suggest you restock or keep the better and give the rest of the fish and the MDC away or keep only the MDC.
Read previous post
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

In about a month ill be getting a 55 gallon to move all the stuff to that
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmartin View Post
There has been no signs of agression and the betta is a female many hidint spots for shrimp so rams nor mdc cant get them
Maybe not yet, but either way it's overstocked. No crayfish should be kept with fish, I'm not sure if the crayfish attack shrimp or not so I can only say I think they would. It's good that you have a lot of hiding spots, but a betta should only be kept with other fish in a 20g, 29g for a sorority(I know you don't have a sorority, just saying). I believe Rams need a bigger tank than 29 to be kept together if they aren't a pair. Let me ask though, if you had 6 zebras, 6 cardinals, and 6 cory cats in a 10g would you think that to be overstocked? That's the number they need. In a 10 you really only have the options of nano fish, shrimp, MDC, bettas, guppies, platies, and a few shell dwelling cichlids. Im sure there are a few more out there though. I hope I didn't come off rude, because sometimes I know I can since it can be difficult to only do text when you can't see or hear the other person. I just wanted to give you my opinion of your tank, but did forget to say that your tank looks beautiful.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Algae Grower

Ok, in that case it should be alright, if keep the MDC in the ten though.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Algae Grower

I think your stocking has a number of issues as stated above, but if you're going to upgrade to a 55, you can better fill out your groups to the correct sizes and all will be well.

I do want to mention a 200W heater in a 10G is wayyyy too much for a 10G. I've had several heaters fail over the years and a few times, the thermostat stopped working and they just keep on heating, cooking my fish. I've learned to run the minimum necessary to reach the desired temp, and nothing more. In my 150, I ran a 150W and a 200W. In a 10, I would run a 25, 50 at the MAX.

In fish keeping, more watts is not better, with heat or light.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Wannabe Guru

Smile

I agree with everyone else, the crayfish has got to go! Regarding the fish I think better choices would be the female betta alone or with some white clouds. (Many believe white clouds need cooler water to live long lives, but I have not had that experience at all.) The other fish can all go in the 55g, but I wouldn't put the betta in with the fish you listed based on personal experience. Bettas are not active swimmers like your other fish, and will be stressed by all the movement around them. Most likely the shrimp will be eaten by the betta, and possibly the other fish in a small tank. Even in my 55g I can't keep shrimp with fish because they get eaten. I've been told to get a large shrimp colony going before adding fish, so as the fish eat them, there are more being born. But I think the very best situation is for shrimp to be in a shrimp only tank.

It can be difficult to stock tanks without really knowing the fish well. So I would always defer to the more experienced fish keepers, and definitely take their advice. I can always tell if a fish store clerk/owner knows their stuff by asking for latin species names of fish. If they can easily identify a fish by the latin name (without looking at a tag!!!) then I am fairly certain they are a good Study, and will be able to guide my decisions. Also, keeping fish from the same areas like only S. American species, or Asia, etc., is a good rule to go by. Once you gain more experience and know how to care for the different species, you can then begin to mix and match. You have some very different fish that require different care and environment.

Have fun! Most members here are a well of knowledge, and can help you have successful setups. I trust them.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Algae Grower

Great points! I'm not the great with equipment, or plants... I'm good with fish though. I'm glad having the betta in the tank was pointed out, if you want to keep her with them you'll need a heavily planted tank with tall plants that she can rest on and easily reach the surface. The Rams love to snack on shrimp and snails, or weird looking fish(they don't like kuhli loaches in my experience)...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks everyone for your opinon the betta has tons of plants mentioned in a comment. The cray fish stays in the front 80% of the day and the moss and hiding spots for the shrimp are in the back. I just want to say i have so much moss the rams cant get close to the shrimp. And one more thing what do you think is the best and cheapest aquasoil?
turtlesoup and turtlesoup like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode