10x8x17 6 gallons
25w 6500k 10hours
Flourite 3-4in
Zoo Med 501 with diy lily pipes
Plants Java moss, Rotala, Pygmy Chain Sword
30+ cherry shrimp
6 CRS
3 nerite snails
Not sure why the Rotala turns red and pink in this tank and in my high tech tanks they are just green. I just cut everything today so there is no more pinks

Here are some shrimps WALK IT OUT

Filstar pimp#48

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

24g Aquapod 60w led Pressurized co2 paintball system DIY blacked out stand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 04:54 AM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
That's pretty cool. The moss works really well in such a tall tank. Pretty interesting dimensions. Plan on adding any driftwood? I think that some tall manzy pieces would look prett snazzy in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEINEKEN357 View Post
WALK IT OUT
lol.

-Chris

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 05:01 AM
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
That is one good-looking scape! This is probably one of my new favorite tanks. Very beautiful. Good job!

I really like the moss - it doesn't look java to me though.
Could it be Leptodictyum riparium (stringy moss)?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL View Post
That's pretty cool. The moss works really well in such a tall tank. Pretty interesting dimensions. Plan on adding any driftwood? I think that some tall manzy pieces would look prett snazzy in there.
lol.
Thanks I like the dimension when I seen it I had to get it also fits great where I have it. I been on the look out for some driftwood but haven't found the right piece yet, I do have a plastic driftwood tree that all the moss is on .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzFishKid View Post
That is one good-looking scape! This is probably one of my new favorite tanks. Very beautiful. Good job!

I really like the moss - it doesn't look java to me though.
Could it be Leptodictyum riparium (stringy moss)?
Thank you as for the moss I remember it was java moss here is a up close shot.

Filstar pimp#48

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
Hmmm.. i guess it is java moss, lol. I've never seen it spike up like that.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
That's one cute tank! How long has it been up and running? Funny thing - the pink showing up here and not in the high tech tank - go figure huh?

Queensalmon
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 04:00 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Very nice looking tank. I had same thoughts at AzFishKid (it doesn't look like java) but after the close up that got taken care of ;-)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 04:10 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
I really want some stringy moss, or Leptodictyum riparium, that stuff looks so amazing.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
nice

-

-
-
AQUATIC GAZETTE FEATURE

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well bad new last nite I gave the shrimp some zucchini left it in over night and next day the tank water was very cloudy nails and shrimps where on the top of the water trying to get out. On the bottom of tank 40 cherrys 3 with eggs and all the crs DEAD . On that note I saved around 30 cherry and 1 with eggs.

Filstar pimp#48

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Sorry for your loss. That's horrible.

I don't think a piece of zucchini did that overnight, though. I believe the cloudiness was caused by something else. Do you have DIY CO2 that could have overflowed into the aquarium maybe?

Tony

My

and my

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
A cloudy tank is most likely caused by a bacterial bloom. Did you clean out the filter recently and/or disturb the substrate?

Eheim Classic 2213
Eheim Pimp #341

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Nope don't have co2 on this tank only thing I did was added the zucchini nothing else maybe the zuchini had poison or something sprayed on there I just rinsed it off with some cold water then nuked the piece waited for it to cool then put in the tank they all attacked it. This was at 6pm I left it in there till 9am the next morning the water was cloudy almost everything was dead. The tanks been up and running for 2 years. Really not sure why this happened.

Filstar pimp#48

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode