Fluval Edge Suggestions - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fluval Edge Suggestions

I recently purchased a Fluval Edge with the idea of starting a small planted aquarium. I have experience with fish only aquariums, 75g Cichlid aquarium and a 37g community aquarium, but I have never tried to maintain a planted aquarium before. I have virtually no idea where to start. I spent the better part of the day searching the internet and reading the forums to find some info, and while that helped I felt like I needed to discuss it with the people that know it best. Where is a good place for me to start? I know that most people change the light to LED and some add a fluorescent, so I plan on at least changing to LED's. I have Fluorite as my substrate and from what I read that should be fine. I would like to run it without injecting CO2 if I could, is that an option or would that be a problem? I saw that there are supplements that you could add instead of CO2, but I don't know how good they are. What are some good plants for beginners that you would recommend for the edge? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
here is a good read!
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pl...ge-thread.html

as far as co2, if you are low tech enough i would just do a diy yeast co2 or dose excel.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode