List of Nano Tank sellers - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)
List of Nano Tank sellers

i was looking around the fourms for a listing of places that sell nano tanks only really found 2 ADA and Do!Aqua (sp) but i can only see prices for the ADA ones and they are alittle out of my price range right now.

My main question is, is there a list of nano tank sellers and who has the most inexpensive startup kit (filter,light ect.)

im new to the nano world but not to the aquarium hobby and just looking into it has been frustrateing esp living on the east coast where there are less stores it seems (most people here only have african cichlids or saltwater no shrimps )

thanks for any responces
Enlender

(btw yay for first posts!!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (96/100%)
Try Green Leaf Aquariums. They don't have nano, but they do have a 7.5 gallon.

http://www.greenleafaquariums.com/gl...aquariums.html

Welcome to the forum!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)
im looking for 2.5ish

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (72/100%)
try looking at the finnex 4 gallon. I think it comes with a filter and a good light for around $50. I haven't had one but they look nice and a couple members on here have them and they turned out really nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
Check out these tanks at Marine Depot:

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquariums...cotope-ap.html

http://www.marinedepot.com/Azoo-Salt...Z-FIAQ-ct.html

Another good small tank would be the 4 gallon Finnex

http://www.finnex.net/index.php?opti...hk=1&Itemid=61

Hope this helps

-
-

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (89/100%)
I want to know if those sweet little nano cubes from the UK ever showed up on our side of the pond. They were about $90-110 but included a filter and nice clip on light. They were rimless but had a glass top.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (89/100%)
OK, just googled the tanks I was talking about. They're called Wave Cubo or Wave Box, depending on the size and dimensions. From 40 to 65 for a nano setup. I want!

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (20/100%)
The JBJ picotope aquarium is a nice little 3 gallon tank (glass). Around $40 and comes with tank and filter
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
I troll walmart and target for their decorative candle glass holders when I want something that small. seamless glass (though a little thick). makes it easy and only like $15-20. mini filter and clamp light wouldn't be a problem at all.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
does that finnex 4g have like rounded edges or something? It looks kind of strange to me? No seems?
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 04:09 AM
Planted Member

The Finnex has round front corners and square butt joins for the back corners. It's a nice nano package for the money. You can find it on eBay from time to time and I be sure you get the one with the 26w clip on light.

-
-

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 04:43 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

ah, i dont like the rounded corners.... looks cheap to me
To bad, its really nice for the money for sure.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Planted Member

I'm not a big fan of the round corners either. I've got one of the Finnex tanks and though it is a really nice tank I don't like the distortion at the corners.

You should take a good look at the Mr Aqua tanks in the link above. They are very nice and a great value for the money.

-
-

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Believe me i have, AquaDea, i was really interested with in the 5.2 gallon "rectangular" tank, until i saw the dimensions... 10x10x12 inchs.... what?! So its a Tallish rectangle... If only it was 12x10x10.... Are there any other options for 5ish gallon rimless?
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Mr. Aqua and Do!Aqua have a slight green hue to their glass. They are both nice tanks, however, some have reported some slight overlap on the glass at the edges on the Mr. Aquas. I saw them on Marine Depot's site (link above). Also, you can compare the Do!Aquas and ADA's on adgshop(.com) ... ADA has that really clear low-iron glass (aka: Starphire/Sapphire). This site won't let me post links coz I have less than 5 posts coz I'm new...LOL

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode